1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

World War II European Front

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by Nexxo, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Serutan

Serutan Eatibus Anythingibus

Edit the .biq file, and

1. Increase the number of happy faces produced by churches, temples, and cathedral by 4/building.

2. Have Marketplace, and Bank produce happy faces (4 each).

4. Set the number of citizens affected by a happy face to 6.

5. Put luxury resources in your country.

Another bug:

The reason you can't load units into armies is that all armored units have the 'tactical missile' flag set. Clear that, and
    you can load your armies.

To get rid of the corruption problems I've seen mentioned in this thread, give all buildings the 'reduce corruption' flag.

EDIT : Also, you need to set the optimal number of cities for all map sizes to 999.

And FYI : Even if you give all buildings 'reduce pollution', and set their pollution output values to a negative number, pollution will still pop up occasionally. But it's way better than the default settings.

2. Serutan

OK, I've played as the Soviets for a few turns, and here are my initial impressions:

Good:

1. Overall, I think this is a good scenario, which IMO needs a few tweaks (See 'bad' section).

2. Like the way that the Soviets pretty much lose their border cities in the sneak attack, even though
    this meant that the frontier forces weren't historically accurate.

3. Like the way that the Soviets have to build up their production (i.e. a lot of cities have poor
    production initially).

Bad:

1. Armies wouldn't load. Fixed it in my copy, but needs to be fixed in downloadable version.
    See previous post.

2. Way too much unahppiness. IMO in a WWII scenario, this should not be much of a factor
    in the warring nations, even if it means that it understates unhappiness in occupied
    areas. IMO you need to make adjustments along the lines in my previous post.

3. All units cause population reduction when produced. I don't understand why this
    would be done (except workers and Combat Engineers), and don't like it at all.

4. I think the Finns are a bit overpowered. Historically, they never cut the links between
    the rest of the country and Murmansk, so the forces north of Vipurii should be reduced.

Just out of curiosity, I noticed that you apparently disabled railroads by making
    a nonexistant resource a prerequsite. True?

3. Nexxo

Nexxo Prince

Thank you for your report.
    Sorry that I couldn't answer sooner but I'm busy with RL stuff so I have very little time. I hope that @Serutan answer to your problems. If you have more questions let me know.;)

4. Nexxo

Nexxo Prince

Thank you for report.

there is few types of armies(Armored Army, Infantry Army,Motorized Army) So they all use combinations with tactical missiles flags and foot units. If you try tell that armies wouldn't load into boat then I must check that.

I try several times with Finns, against them or watch their progress and I belive that this is optimal number of units. When I give them less they were being pushed to Helsinki. This was I belive is better because then Soviets need to send some units to the north instead defending some cities from Germans. But I will try it few more times.

Units took 1 population because I want to massive air bombing on cities have effect in killing units so that with destroyed improvements take away ways for building units.

And yes I did remove railroads because units was moving to fast frrom one side of front to the others. One example is that I played with USA and I landed in France and giant German army from east front attack me and destroy my attacking force so I think that is best that player must hold some forces in certain region as occupying forces.

As for unhappines I must check Biq to see what doing it.

Thank you for report. Every report helps me to make improved scenario.

5. abie321

abie321 Chieftain

superb answers thanks :)

However how do we change the bic file - tried unsuccessfuly yesterday to open it

Appreciate the help....

6. Serutan

Use the editor that comes with Conquests - it should show up via <start>-> All Progarams -> Atari->Civ 3 Conquests->Conquests editor.

7. Serutan

Just to clarify, I was talking about loading individual units into an army - I saw that
    the Germans had armies with a full complement of units, but I could load nothing into
    the 'Soviet Armies' I had, even though the .biq settings said that I should be able to.
    I did not test loading armies into a sea transport.

I see your point here. Perhaps give the Soviets a few more units in those two cities
    on the east coast of Karelia so they can survive the initial attack, but the player still needs to send forces north to hold them long term?

While I see where you are coming from here, I'll just agree to disagree. :)

No problem.

8. Infinit8

Infinit8 Chieftain

OK i have another update. I got the new version and started a game as the Italians on monarch with the AI on the more aggressive option. I haven't been helping out on the eastern front but I've been watching and the Axis are going nowhere in the south. The Germans had Odessa for a few turns but lost it and have never recovered it and never pushed farther. Didn't they get all the way to Stalingrad before being pushed back? In the north they've gotten to Riga/Dvinsk and are stuck. The Finns have been in a stalemate with the Soviets from the beginning. Maybe delay the T-34 factories a little?
    The Americans sent most of their navy over the Atlantic and are going for naval superiority. They've taken two cities on the western edge of North Africa but haven't advanced for a while.

I am able to upgrade my infantry from 1940 to 1943 but the armored units don't upgrade. Oh yeah the Western Desert Campaign--the Matilda IIs obliterated the Afrika Korps in the first few turns. I made a stand at Benghazi and saved most of my units and am now slowly advancing. I don't know what to say about that-I'm just putting it out there. Also, weren't there Italian forces on the eastern front? All I have is that small base which I almost lost to partisans and as I'm building up my industry I can't help out Germany and Romania as I watch them get crushed by Russian tanks.

And one last thing, most of the land starts out irrigated which I assume is historically accurate. The first thing I do is send out workers to mine everything because food is not a problem but the AI only build workers to fix craters. I'm now sending my units to Germany to mine their land and help out. This gives me a big advantage in the long run but if I didn't it would take me forever to build later units. Maybe give all civs a lot more starting workers for a race to improve the land like an arms' race?

9. Serutan

One thing I noticed last night : The Soviet BT-5 tank can be upgraded to the T-34 line. Is this
    a bug?

10. Serutan

Something I forgot to mention earlier - I am experimenting with giving zero victory points for
    combat, and see how that affects things. I left the limit at 1,000,000, but strongly suspect I'll
    get Domination (I lowered land to 40% due to the amount of ocean/unusable land on the map)
    before Victory trips.

11. abie321

abie321 Chieftain

Just want to say thanks for the help given above - we were going into the civ editor incorrectly - however updated the happy faces quite drastically - as high as 8 on a couple of build items (logic being that if you are able to build that ina war then pelnty of people would be happy. ALso set victory points to 999,999

However for changes to take effect - had to restart a new game....

SO back in as English playing at Sid level

Turn 84
    Taken north africa up to Iraqi's -
    France north west and south......

Axis points are 708k - allies at 352k - so this may need tweaking again.....

Wait to see if anarchy raises its head again as it did around turn 90 in previous game.....

12. Lanzelot

Lanzelot Moderator Moderator

I get the following error:cry:

13. Tigris of Gaul

Tigris of Gaul Warlord

Sorry, I figuered it out.

14. Marmont

Marmont Chieftain

Any solution to this... Load Error FILE NOT FOUND "Art\Units\Churchill Crocodile
    FlameAttack "The game will now exit" :confused:

15. Marmont

Marmont Chieftain

Anybody have the fix to my last (above) post ? I have no idea on how to fix this :confused: I'm stuck in '43 and just getting warmed up :sad: Some direction would be appreciated...Thanks

16. r16

r16 not deity

have never played this and my suggestions are based on guesses .

get a tank unit that you know to be working , say another Churchill . Find its folder in the units and copy its contents to the one named Churchill Crocodile . Make sure the .INI file -a single and different looking one- inside is also named Churchill Crocodile . Your tank should now be available though it wouldn't be doing flame attacks . The number of posts in CFC in are certainly not a sign of experience as &#305; am also new to editing , but this should be a positive a step forwards . Once getting a feeling you would be able to find files and do it %100 .

like checking all the .flc files inside the original Crocodile file and rename the flame one . After opening the INI you will see the Attack followed by file names , they have to be exactly similar for the game to work .

17. pvincent100

pvincent100 Chieftain

Marmont - I imagine this is a file ending in .wav

Exit the game. Go to the folder locatin shown. Duplicate any existing file in the folder that is a .wav file, rename it to the error name shown.

All good.

Is this the correct file the creator wanted? No - but it gets your game going.

Want to get the correct file sound? Re-download and do a search, sometime this stuff gets lost in transmission.

18. Marmont

Marmont Chieftain

Sweet !!! :) The game is up and running again with 0 errors ...:D
    Thank you very much r16 and pvincent100, really appreciate that :D

19. Ageless Monarch

Ageless Monarch Chieftain

I downloaded this scenario into the correct folder, but when I tried to play it the game gave me a:

Load Error
    FILE NOT FOUND
    "Art\Flics\italy_T.flc"

Anyone know what is going wrong?

20. Nexxo

Nexxo Prince

I don't know what is problem because i DL files and italy_T file is in flics folder.