World War II in the Pacific BTS MP

Rono_

Chieftain
World War II in the Pacific

I'm interested in playing Gaius Octavius' scenario, the BtS version, in MP. I would prefer to play the entire scenario over the coarse of a weekend, but I am willing to do a PBEM or Pitboss game if necessary, or one of each type.

It only requires 4 human players to man either

United States
British Commonwealth
Chinese Republic

or

Japanese Empire

The other two factions are the Dutch E. Indies and the Eastern Soviets, non-playable by default, for good reason; who wants to get stomped or ignored for the entire game, respectively.

I would prefer to play either the United States or the Chinese Republic, but I'll probably have multiple rounds of the scenario so it doesn't really matter who I am.

If you want in on this potentially orgasmic and joyful-tear-inducing endeavor leave your information in the following format:

1) What game type your interested in, real-time or PBEM/Pitboss
2) What timezone your in, I'd prefer it in GMT
3) Estimated level of dedication, if real-time; blocks of hours, eg. 2 - 6hrs, after 16:00 on weekends. If PBEM/Pitboss turns per week.
4) Preferred faction, or if it isn't important to you; "HEY MAN, IT'S ALL GOOD FOR ME, I'M JUST HERE FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME". I'd prefer it in caps and lime, but it's not wholly necessary.

And possibly anything else you'd like to add?

After I have an idea of who'll be up for a game I'll contact those involved via PM for further discussion.

I'm game!:goodjob:

1) What game type: real-time preferably
2) What timezone: GMT (I think: I'm in le Royaume des Pays-Bas - Holland, that is)
3) Estimated level of dedication, if real-time; blocks of hours, eg. 2 - 6hrs, after 16:00 on weekends sounds OK. (If PBEM/Pitboss: your guess as good as any.)
4) Preferred faction: British Commonwealth or
Japanese Empire or the one you need filled.

And possibly anything else you'd like to add? That would memy doubts if it can be done in 1 weekend.

I'll be a-waiting!;)

Um... did anybody neglect to mention that the scenario uses custom Python, which will almost certainly render it multiplayer incompatible?

Nonetheless, if you want to try and see if it will work, by all means go ahead. :)

. .. .. .. .! Now I remember... Oh well...:(

EDIT: I was typing . .. .. .. ., but it seems that gets bleeped if you start a sentence with it.

. .. .. .. .! Now I remember... Oh well...:(

EDIT: I was typing . .. .. .. ., but it seems that gets bleeped if you start a sentence with it.

I think it gets bleeped no matter where you say it. ;)

If Python does give you trouble, I suppose you could remove the whole Python subfolder and try it again. You won't have any of the special events (and the ships' names will be lost), but you'll still be able to play the scenario. That is, unless any of Dale's SDK components cause OOS problems. :crazyeye:

I can live without the scripted events and aesthetic features.

And JEELEN, I live in GMT - 8, we could play in real-time if I got up earlier than I normally do on a weekend and play at 10:00 my time, 18:00 your time.

And I agree about getting it done in a weekend... that would require everything else to be dropped.

Two more people! Common!

I'm so glad that someone decided to try WWII in the pacific out for multiplayer! I come here to civ fanatics pretty regularly to download scenarios, although I haven't registered to join the discussion until now. WWII in the pacific has been my favorite scenario by far- thanks Gauis Octavius! One of the big short comings however is the AI, so I think doing this one multiplayer might provide the most enjoyable games.

I would be most interested in playing Japan, so if you have any slots available i'm totally in. I'm GMT -8 in the pacific northwest so I would be down for real time also if thats what you guys decide to do.

Excellent, with Cav Scout we only need one more player to begin the planning phase.

The United States or Chinese Republic slots are still up for the taking, whichever the new person chooses I'll play the other.

I dont really mind. who ever you want to play as.

How do i convert this to multiplayer; ill need help with this as it isnt multiplayer:p

I'll play the Chinese.

I'm not 100% sure this will work perfectly, but this is the first run so I'm expecting complications.

To remove the python scripts all you have to do is navigate to your WWII In The Pacific's Assests folder, if you installed it to the default directory...

On Windows XP or Vista 32-bit, C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\WWII in the Pacific\Assets

On Windows Vista 64-bit, C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\WWII in the Pacific\Assets

Rename the Python folder to anything other than "Python", ie. AAPython

This will cause the game to "think" the Python folder no longer exists and won't execute them.

Lastly, I will PM you three so we can discuss when a good time to have the first round will be.

something doesn't let me change the name, move, or delete the python folder

something about maybe being write protected

nvm again, i changed python folder's name to AAPython but when i loaded the mod the multiplayer was still not an option

Yep, I'm here... been waiting patiently...

I think it's going to take something more than disabling the python to allow multiplayer games. Alas I have zero modding ability so I have no clue what it is. Maybe Gaius Octavius could point us in the right direction.

hopefully, are you there Gaius? i hope this will work, if not we could play the new Road to War add on pack 2, Dale said this one shud work on multiplayer:p

Sorry for not PM'ing you guys yet, but I've been out of the house for the past few days.

Any who, as Cav Scout has said about not being convinced that simply removing the Python folder will work, I too am doubtful.

It seems reckless to set any official dates before the multiplayer stability is tested. So, if one of you is interested in testing this with me I am free this upcoming Sunday at around 13:00 (-8 GMT). The test shouldn't take too long, one player as the USA and the other as Japan and then the USA player lets the Japanese player capture Manila to trigger that event. Then the Japanese player can capture Guadalcanal and then both skip turns until the trigger date of the rushed carrier group arrives.

Hopefully both will not happen and not crash the game/cause complications.

Respond here if your available and willing to test this with me.

i guess i could test with you since its sunday, what time is that eastern?

didnt octavius say when you do the python thing scripted events get covered up?:crazyeye:

Top Bottom