World War II in the Pacific BTS MP

I'm here and ready when you guys are. I think its fine if Rono still wants to play China. The Commonwealth is overly strong compared to history to compensate for AI ineptness, so it should be pretty balanced.

Well the lobby won't work for launching the MOD, so someone will have to host an IP game. We could also try a play by email game if you guys want to head that direction. Either way we can use the lobby first to meet, chat and set things up.

I'm almost leaning toward PBEM because the first few turns (especially Japan) will take time. We could each play a turn a day during the week and then multiple turns on the weekends. Yes the game will take weeks but the strategy component will be great- everyone will have alot of time to think about their next move.

Kbrennan, check your inbox- first turn sent! Air forces of the Empire of Japan and the IJN have sunk the following allied ships:
BB- 8
CA- 3
DD- 6
SS-8

So who is going play the Commonwealth? If we can't get a fourth player then maybe Rono can play the Commonwealth also (as China is going to be hurting pretty quick!)

I have a house rule I would like to propose- no canaling through Lae with ships (in order to cut across New Guinea.) What do you guys think?

Yeah I could play both, and I accept the no canaling rule. It would make it too easy for the CW to attack and retreat to relative safety.

Kbrennan, check your inbox- first turn sent! Air forces of the Empire of Japan and the IJN have sunk the following allied ships:
BB- 8
CA- 3
DD- 6
SS-8

Six in Pearl Harbor and two in the South China Sea, I take it? :ar15::run:
Sounds like a pretty decent start!

yeah I got em all. I really love the port bomb feature! Now all I need is an air field attack feature so I can get all the grounded allied planes on the first turn too!

omg, when i tried to open the save it said something about directx failure blah blah, i tried putting the save in my saves folder but it didnt work. i cant even load civ 4??

If you can't even load Civ 4 (without loading it by clicking on the saved game, that is) then it has nothing to do with the scenario.

Well the important thing is to get civ working on your puter again! Hopefully it was just crashing because it didn't like you double clicking directly on the saved game I sent you. But if you can't get the game to start at all (even to just play a regular single player game) then you should try to reinstall and repatch.

Once you have civ starting properly put the file I sent you in your BTS PBEM saves folder. This folder can be hard to find, I think in your "my games" folder. Then launch the game and load the WWII in the Pacific MOD. Then select multiplayer and load the saved game... I think that should work. The documentation on how to do a PBEM game is pretty weak...

ok i was able to fix it i will send the turn to rono. who will play as commonwealth?

MY KILLS:

3 A6M ZEROES shot down

MY LOSSES:

NONE

Top Bottom