1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

World War II in the Pacific

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Gaius Octavius, May 18, 2007.

1. Ambreville

Ambreville Deity

Sure. A global setting is better if you want all players to benefit from the discount. Otherwise, the simple but tedious way is to pay a visit to the map file, do a manual search for every individual city and plunk down an extra line of code for the new building. It's a pain but it works. :D

I did something of this nature in my current project -- a partisan hideout preplaced in each foreign occupied city, which produces some significant penalties instead. The partisan hideout goes away when the city is captured by enemy. It's the same idea really.

2. Ambreville

Ambreville Deity

I suspect using the global setting for overseas maintenance might not be welcome in all cases. Maintaining big Chinese cities under military occupation might warrant a significant maintenance penalty (and perhaps a partisan building in those Korean and Chinese cities under Japanese occupation at the beginning of the scenario). Islands on the other hand might require a minimal garrison to keep quiet, especially if it's not an island at risk of an invasion. Just a thought.

3. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

For any and all interested:

We are planning to kick off the first Multiplayer test game for "WWII in the Pacific" this weekend. We need one more player, so if you want to get in on this check out Rono's thread at: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=269947

This MOD promises to be insanely fun in the multiplayer format so come give it a try!

4. Leader_H

Leader_H Chieftain

excellent, except... lag... nooooo

5. Gaius Octavius

Gaius Octavius Deity

What kind of computer do you have? It only takes a few seconds for me... maybe 30 at the very worst.

6. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

I don't think the lag between turns will be an issue for this type of game. Yes the initial turns might take some time as players set their strategies in motion. This game is going to be a historical simulation- think Axis and Allies board game on your computer. If your looking for an RTS style game with 10 second turns and axemen rushes then your in the wrong place.

7. Anthropoid

Anthropoid Grognard fantome

Hey guys, I loved the C3C WiTP scenario. I once won a PBEM as Japan against 3 or 4 other humans :) I play quite a bit of that Matrix Game "War in the Pacific" too.

I'm in the process of completely uninstalling and reinstalling all my Civ4 BTS stuff, but maybe in the future if you have more MP games, keep me in mind, and send me a PM.

8. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

Anthropoid,

Check out our multiplayer game at:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=269947

We are in the middle of a PBEM game right now that is going pretty good. MP is definitely the way to play this scenario! Human opponents bring so much more to the game. It's early in our current game and Japan is rampaging through the Pacific. I'm hoping to pull off a Japanese win like you did, although I'm worried that once the allies get on their feet i'm going to be in trouble!

When we wrap this one up we are definitely going to play another. We would love to have you on board for that game!

9. wotan321

wotan321 Emperor

Great mod, thanks for the impressive work that went into it.

I am playing as Japan, and for fun I added a few UUs. But I am now encountering Chinese Kikkas.... is this supposed to happen? Why are non-Japanese civs building Japanese units, or is it an event?

Ooooh, I see now. The units are counted from the civ4unitinfos.xml file from within the python events file, so by adding units earlier in that xml file, the events that provide reinforcements are adding the wrong units..... how embarrassing for me.. .... all better now.

10. Gaius Octavius

Gaius Octavius Deity

Just out of curiosity, what UUs did you add? I am always looking for more. :)

11. wotan321

wotan321 Emperor

A cruiser and a destroyer, nothing accurate though, just some extra art from other mods.

12. Gaius Octavius

Gaius Octavius Deity

Where is it? I could use more art... ;)

13. divinci420

divinci420 Chieftain

load the game and immediately says defeat and game ends. wut do i do?:mad:

14. Gaius Octavius

Gaius Octavius Deity

You are going to have to tell me a wee bit more than that before I can offer any meaningful advice. ;)

Such as: Which version are you using (Warlords or BtS)? Is your Civ version up to date? Did you load the correct WB scenario? Are you using Vista? A Mac?

15. divinci420

divinci420 Chieftain

lets see, i am playing warlords from the civ4/warlords game, version i believe is 2.13.

16. trevorsavage

trevorsavage Chieftain

I was so excited to play this scenario that I went to D2D for Warlords. Got it installed to the mods file, and every time I try to play it I immediately get "you have been defeated." :(

17. Gaius Octavius

Gaius Octavius Deity

I think it may not be compatible with version 2.13 of Warlords. If you try it with 2.08 and it works, that's probably it. If not, then it could be the D2D version.

trevorsavage: Question: If you had to upgrade to Warlords just to play the game, why didn't you just get BtS and play the newer version? Then you'd have all the great new features of BtS.

18. trevorsavage

trevorsavage Chieftain

I thought about this after the fact. :( In all likelihood, I will eventually get BtS also, then I will be able to play the scenario. Thanks for your help.

19. trevorsavage

trevorsavage Chieftain

Jeez, so I got BtS so I could play the Pacific scenario... When I click and select save it puts a file on my desktop that looks like a blank sheet of paper and won't run. The gods have truly frowned upon my quest to play the WWII Pacific scenario.

20. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

trevorsavage- don't give up, this scenario is awesome. I think you might need to get a special unzip program to get the download to work: http://www.7-zip.org/
    Once you get this the "blank sheet of paper" should change to an icon you can run. Goodluck!

Gaius- is that Kalishnikov? I was thinking of picking up a bottle of his vodka, its shaped like an AK.