1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

World War II in the Pacific

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Gaius Octavius, May 18, 2007.

1. trevorsavage

trevorsavage Chieftain

I have zip, not sure what the problem is. This scenario was my favorite in Civ III, so I can't wait to play it.

2. trevorsavage

trevorsavage Chieftain

Ha! You were right cav scout, it was the special zip program! Thanks! :goodjob:

3. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

no prob... if you ever get tired of the AI and want to get in on a play-by-email multiplayer of this scenario let me know.

4. trevorsavage

trevorsavage Chieftain

Interesting, I'll have to consider that scout--thanks.

I have had a chance to check it out now and I'm blown away. It is far more than I hoped for when I first wished Civ IV had shipped with this scenario. Cheers to Gaius Octavius! :clap:

5. Gaius Octavius

Gaius Octavius Deity

It is the picture of Clarence Leonard "Kelly" Johnson that came with Hearts of Iron II -- the "Kelly Johnson's Skunk Works" tech team.

6. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Well, now that's definitely not Gaius Octavius.;)

7. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

8. Gaius Octavius

Gaius Octavius Deity

Thanks, cav scout. Equuleus showed that to me last year and I was actually going to use it to make a Civ II scenario, but that never materialized due to other projects (such as this one). Plus I kept forgetting the site address. ;) I just copied the Civ III names when I made this, so perhaps in the next update I will add in more, including names for all new units.

No, that's Gaius Octavius's Skunkworks. :mischief:

9. Hell Hawk

Hell Hawk Emperor

If I patch to 3.17 will this become incompatible? If so, I'll wait until you get a new version up to Patch BtS.

10. Gaius Octavius

Gaius Octavius Deity

It will almost certainly be incompatible with 3.17.

11. LPmaverick

LPmaverick Chieftain

I loved this mod on Civ 3. I never really played any of the Civ games, I know, I know, let the bashing begin. But After a few visits to my brothers I fell in love. Especially with the WWII mod. Now that I have found out that there is one for Civ 4, I am getting it. Here is the thing, my brother bought me Civ 4 gold last week and I have yet to get to opening it. Should I take it back to the store and exchange it for Civ + BTS?

12. Hell Hawk

Hell Hawk Emperor

Personally I would, BtS is a much better expansion than Warlords. The only thing you'll lose buy not having Warlords is Warlords specific mods, which are fewer, and IMO crappier than BtS ones, and you'll still be able to play Warlords maps.

13. Gaius Octavius

Gaius Octavius Deity

I don't know what Civ Gold has in it; I was told it has Civ 4 + Warlords + BtS. If that is the case, you should keep it.

14. LPmaverick

LPmaverick Chieftain

The box says just Civ 4 and Warlords.

15. LPmaverick

LPmaverick Chieftain

Went and exchanged it for Civ 4 and BTS. And to top it off, the box was marked wrong, so I got them both for $35 instead of $50.

16. LPmaverick

LPmaverick Chieftain

NOOOOO!!!! It won't work. Everytime I run the mod, choose my side, and set the level difficulty. It crashes. What did I do wrong? I did not patch to 3.17. Help me

17. Hell Hawk

Hell Hawk Emperor

This will only work with version 3.13, check what version you have (load BtS - Advanced - About this Build- Civ version) and if it's under 3.13 you need to install the 3.13 patch. http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=7412

Also, I don't think this patch works with Windows Vista, so if you have Vista, that might be the problem.

18. Formulapower

Formulapower Warlord

I have been playing this mod on warlords and just got BTS today....is this mod going to be updated for the new 3.17 patch any time soon?

Thanks
    Dustin

BTW Great mod

19. vgamer

vgamer Chieftain

I loved this scenerio on civ 3 and now I got it for warlords. :goodjob:

20. Reiko

Reiko Chieftain

If you are using a trainer it will crash the game. Be sure you don't have one running.