World War II

david1806

Warlord
Hi all......

So, I have just steamed through the 13-part series 'World War II in Colour' - excellent documentary, highly recommended (it's on Netflix). And it's got me going! So my question is, should I buy a WWII strategy game or do you think a Civ V scenario would do the job. I am a bit sceptical that Civ can do as good a job as dedicated WWII game. I guess I am answering my own question, but even so, I would like to hear what my fellow Civers think. Also, any recommendations for a good, inexpensive WWII PC game? I don't need fancy 3D graphics, the kind of thing I am looking for, for those old enough to know what I am talking about, are PC versions of the tabletop games that you used to be able to buy many years ago, by companies such as SPI and Avalon Hill.

Here is a great example, 'Seelöwe' - a game which I used to own:
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/7955/seelowe

I would love to see a game like that on the PC - when I was younger and had the game, it was tragic, because I could get no one to play with me....how sad was I, no wonder I had no friends, I can't think why I am a single man living on Pot Noodles.... lol.........

I think I am just looking to start a discussion as much as anything else, as well as any recommendations of course!

Cheers all.....David

Hearts of Iron 4 will give you all you want from WWII as a strategy game. I have heard HoI3 is a good game as well but I have never played it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom