World War IV Rebuild for Destruction

Oni Ryuu, I downloaded your mod and started it, so I hadn´t the time to play it. It´s a pity, that until now nobody posted about your mod. Your mod has an interesting idea and started without any crash (what is a good sign). I don´t know many mods and scenarios using the Bismarck hybrid as one of their units. The container depot goody huts (frequently in the mountains) are something one has to be used to, but the graphics of that depot can be useful in modern mods and scenarios.

I look forward to your main project. Keep up the good work! :)

Thanks Civinator.

It’s always good to get some feedback. I’ve not include much information or any graphics to the post because the mod’s going to get a total overhaul at some point. I needed to see if I knew what I was doing with uploads and I figured that it’s no use to anyone having a mod sat on my computer.

When I revisit it, I’m going to have tech provide parts for a unit (some techs will be convergent). Several techs will be needed for a prototype (less effective and more expensive) and then finally one for the main unit. I’m also thinking of replacing the space race system with a nuke race. I’m thinking of 15-20 parts like an atomic research facility, uranium centrifuge and eventually the trinity project (the trinity project allowing nukes). I’m going to reserve the 4th age so you can continue to play the game after you have nukes.

So we’ve got another experimental mod on the horizon.:thumbsup:

Greetigs,
Some feedback after a few turns:
- You can see the whole map.
- Starting with 15k gold. In the 2nd round AI sold me 4 techs for 800g. Then i bought another 2 techs for 400g. I am not sure this is the way you wanted to be :)

Cheers and thanks for the mod. It looks promisinig. Keep it up!

Hi Ozzy4242. Welcome to civfanatics.com.

Yeah, it’s a quick start. The mod is mostly a way of easing you into a modern start (mainly for the benefit of the AI).The ‘Developing Nation’ age is just to weed-out unlucky AI players. When you enter the ‘Competitive’ stage the pace will be noticeably slower. About the map, it’s a post-apocalyptic world so people will still have a world map.

For a good start immediately change government type, spend a good chunk of your cash buying tech from the AI and rush production on town halls. Things will stabilise pretty quickly. I hope you’ve not got it on Chieftain.

Good luck and have fun, Oni Ryuu.

P.S. If you want long-term games Civinator has the CCM and RARR mods and I’m due to release my TLC masterpiece (ego intended) shortly.

Unfortunately no, I don’t even have an old save. It uses the standard terrain graphics, urban rubble goodie huts and units from WWII to the present.
The game favours the player as your technology develops so it’s not particularly well balanced. It’s not a bad mod but I’ve learned a lot since I made it. I intend to remake the game (based on my TLC mod game dynamics) a few months from now.

I liked the mod because it was unique. It's too bad it was removed, I had to replace my hard drive and lost it. :(

Top Bottom