World War Stratigies

silver 2039

Deity
I was playing Korea on Rhye's 180x180 earth map modded rules. I allied myself with the Portugse, Indian's Sumerians, English, and Germans. Somehow a war started and eventually esclated into a world war. I got dragged in and am war with most of the world excluding my allies. These are my allies. http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads6/Allies.JPG
And these are my enemies
.http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads6/Enimies.JPG
Ouch I defenitaly chose the worng alliance. Anyway there has been some fighiting already some cities burnt. The Persians attacked my undefend south and burnt a city. In a few turns I will undoubtly be facing a horde of units all along my border's. The one good thing is most of them are backward compared to us. But my army is relatievily small 30 rifle's and 10 cav's, 2 swords, 1 rider, 1 longbow and a couple warrior's. Now my question is what do I do? Defend against the expected attack and last it out? Or go on the offensive and wipe them out? And if I do go on the offensive who do I attack first? I have many to choose from.

Here is a save http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads6/Takeda_Shingen_of_the_Takeda,_Jan.,_1455_AD.SAV

This is C3C 1.15 also it is set on the higest agression level

Being a counter-puncher myself, I'm inclined to beef up the defense on the borders and use cannons to decimate the oncoming attackers and finish them off with cavalry. That will keep downe the war weariness and get you a couple of MGL's along the way. Use them to build empty armies (wait for infantry). If you can get enough armies, get the Military Academy to allow for the additional unit in each army.

Keep up the reasearch and once you get replaceable parts upgrade the cannons to artillery and some riflemen to infantry to fill-up those armies and start on the offensive against you're weakest opponent. Keep going until he's gone. That should increase your territory to allow for a more substantial war effort. Using Infantry Armies with artillery support and cavalry for pillaging you should be able to gobble up enough land to become the number 1 player on the board.

Good luck however you play it out. I really tried, but can't stop myself from pointing out that MPP's and Locked Alliances - especially multiple MPP's - is a guaranteed way to get drawn into a war that's not at the time or place of your choosing. They're far more likely to get you into someone else's war than they are to keep you "safe". I'd suggest being very careful about signing them or modding Locked Alliances into a game.

I avoid MPPs. Better to coax the other Civs in a Military alliance after you get attacked, then the war is on your terms. As for your situation mobilize and then churn out defensive units and artillery. Once you've got a substantial defense along your borders build offensive units and go on the offensive taking the artillery you built with you. The enemy is likely exhausted from fighting a wwar on your soil so your punch will be that much more powerful.

I agree, MPPs can be VERY dangerous. As a general rule I don't sign them unless I absolutely must. Sometimes it might be necessary if you are really weak and would need some help if attacked. I found a very satisfying use for them the other day when I won GOTM29 by UN vote - my first every diplomatic victory. Get a MPP with the other candidate just before the vote and then declare war on any civs that are gona vote for him, then put a few workers on your borders with those civs and wait to be attacked. They'll attack you and have to go to war with your rival, meaning they have no choice but to abstain from the UV vote, giving u the victory! I digress - but it shows they can be usefull!

Well - MPPs can be very useful. You've just got to be careful when you sign them, and (like everything else in Civ) be sure why you're signing one.

As me_and_kg pointed out - they can get you votes in a U.N. election...

A favorite wartime tactic of mine: The AI has just sent a horde into your territory, but not attacked anything (yet). His/Her intentions are clear: invade you!

Immediately sign a MPP with everyone you can. When hostilities break out, the invading civ will find themselves isolated from the rest of the world - including any luxuries and/or resources they were trading for...

To play this first hand - look for a savegame I posted under "Theodora's Folly". (Shameless plug for a thread I started, I know...)

Top Bottom