World war

scipian

Czar
First, note I'm a newb and this actually happened on Civ. III. But.....

The Cast: England- large, industrial, advanced, powerful. "The ENEMY"
' Russia- HUGE, undeveloped, masses of cossacks. 'The Aliies"
America- Tiny. Vassal of Greece. "The Allies"
Rome- Small. Practically vassal of England. "The Allies"
Greece- ME- large, VERY industrialized and commercialized, very technological, very small standing army "The Allies"

Setting: Pangaea. Everyone has Defense pacts with everyone else. England and Russia are getting antsy.

The History- England declares war on Rome. A quick blitz all but wipes it out. the remants flee to the safety of the country. The HUGE force of Russian cossacks charges. They manage to barely defend Greece. Dozens fall. The battle lines shift back and forth. The battle is clearly one sided even though England is alone. Greece in turn protects America by wiping out the units that slip through. Greece mobilizes and quickly gets ready for all out war.

After a gargantuan effort, the Allied forces force England slowly back and raze its capital, London. Russia, exhausted, surreders, pays a tribute, and retreats. Now Greece stands alone. Sure enough, the English forces come charging down. Greece quickly retreats to the (relative) safety of its borders. After hand to hand combat (figuratively) and losing its two great industrial centers it finally starts pushing England back. Now the push gains momentum.

Suddenly a battalion of Roman cavalry is on the horizon! Those devils stole Canterbury. They didn't fight to the death like I did. They just retreated. Cowards. I'd deal with them later. Now it was a race to the sea. While I did the heavy fighting the Romans would occasionally steal the great cities. One, two, three gone. It was 2034. My peaceful ways forgotten, I was filled with a bloodlust. Without warning I attacked those traitors. Quickly i destroyed them and in spite I nuked Rome. 5 times. Now it was 2046. Just for good measure I nuked Moscow. So ended the benevolent and peaceful reign of onja.

NOTE- In this war, this war was too massive to put into wordsa. I'm not all that eloquent. In all, I'd conservatively estimate nearly 300 units died. Nearly all were cavaly and riflemen. By rights I should have been overun. But thankfully I had about 130 cossacks on my back. It does remind me of another war; a World War. Me= America. Russia=Russia. England=Germany. Rome=France. America=Eastern European countries. This game really did happen though.

Very cool.

Hmmm... How funny AND ironic... Truly a good bit of story!:D

I had almost a world war in Civ 3 too. I was Japan and I had a Mutual Protection with India, Germany, England, Zulu, and Babylon against mighty France; Persia was at war against Russia and Babylon at the time too. In all Most of France got conquered my me, Japan and afterwards most of my allies became my enemies except England and India when I lauch a suprise attack on Germany, I conquered it also, but Babylon conquered alot of it too. Then the Zulu were at war with me and England, they still exist because I haven't finished this game. In all I conquered Rome, Aztecs, France, Germany and part of Zululand, and the chinese islands (to far away from mainland China to be well defended.

i had many a world war (against me) as i progressed to the higher levels.

Top Bottom