1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

World Wars - time change

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rhye's and Fall of Civilization' started by aryann, Feb 10, 2008.

1. aryann

aryann Warlord

If anyone happens to agree on th blitzkrieg thing I think it should be made so that it is a possible promotion after strength, (whatever that star thing is that adds 10% strength) and it gives +15% when attacking a city to give 25% in total with the star promotion. This way it would be possible to get an army equipped with the upgrade. I was thinking it could perhaps let you go through woodland and hills faster but historically it worked by charging down main lines of communication like the existing promotion (commando?) It should allow for multiple attacks per turn and faster road movement with the 15% city attack bonus. The road movement would be most important to cover much ground in a short time.

2. Vishaing

Vishaing The Son

I think, instead of trying to dynamically alter the calendar speed based on events, it would be easier and have a similar desired effect in a way to rebuild the Civ3 'Mobilization' ability.

I'm no where near good enough at programming to do it, but I think it would be the best way to do it. Possibly we could add something like (but not) a 7th civic column that was just Peace Time Economy - War Time Economy. with the former giving nothing, but the latter giving +100% hammers to military units, -50% hammers on buildings minus barracks, airfield, walls, and some others. As well War Time Economy would gradually lower your stability and add unhealthiness to your cities (people get called off to fight, resulting in a decline in Population).

3. aryann

aryann Warlord

I think this is a good idea along with altering the turn calendar times but they would be hard to impliment. I personaly think the best way to deal with this is to use the drafting idea and a promotion for latter eras of the game which allows for MUCH faster conquests of unprepared/smaller civs. France for example, in one of my recent games took some turns to capture even though I had many, many more soldiers than them and they had no chance of winning, if they could be captured in 2 turns it would be better, (not counting the westernmost cities.) It would also be easier to launch an assault on Russia initially but after a few turns they would be able to organise their armies more effectively as happened historcally.

This would make it so that you would constanly have to be on your guard and you cannot let your opponents get an oppurtunity to attack through for example civl unrest or a war on two fronts. If you are unprepared you should expect a swift death; who wouldn't in a volotile Europe around the 1930's?

4. kairob

kairob Biohazard

how about bringing back the feature where cities near the capital would flip if the capital was taken?

5. aryann

aryann Warlord

That sounds good but isn't that some civs unique thingy and it must've been taken off for a reason? I still think an indutrial/modern promotion that allows for faster conquest would be benificial, and not some hard to reach promotion that only one or two units would have either.