World Wonder bugs

pheeel

Chieftain
I have had a frustrating time with these World Wonders. You spend all that time building them and then they don't even operate properly. here are some POSSIBLE bugs i have encountered in a couple play-throughs...maybe others can confirm these or list their own..

Angkor Wat
what it claims: Culture cost of acquiring new tiles reduced by 75% in every city
what it did: Only affects the city it is built in, not the whole empire.
  • apparently this is a "confirmed bug" already. pretty big disappointment when you build that and don't really notice much change.

Sistine Chapel
what it claims: An additional +33% Culture is produced in all Cities.
what it did: An additional +28.5% Culture is produced in all Cities
  • I checked my culture from cities before I used a great engineer to immediately build it...it was 49 per turn. I had 0 culture coming in from city-states or anywhere other than cities. so 33% of this is 16.17. so i am expecting to have my new culture be 65. unfortunately it was 63, which is more like +28.5%. it's almost a negligible amount and easy to miss if you're not double checking the game's math, but I believe this is a bug. i distinctively checked where all my culture was coming from and how much i made before i used my precious great engineer on it. it's possible that my culture suddenly dipped for some reason, but i did not take on any new population as far as i can tell.

Great Wall -
what it claims: Enemy land units must spend 1 additional Movement Point when inside your territory.
what it did: Enemy land units must spend 1 additional Movement Point when inside your territory FOR THE REST OF YOUR EXISTENCE EVEN IF YOU LOSE CONTROL OF IT
  • I captured a capital that had this Wonder already built. The next turn, the graphic of the Great Wall switched from spanning several of their cities to a couple of mine. ok cool, so now I have the Great Wall --not so fast. only through frustrating troop movement and loses did i realize that not only did I NOT have the Great Wall working for me, my opponent still had the effect working for him! I even annexed the city to see if I got the ability after 10 turns or something. NOPE. this has been the most frustrating World Wonder bug that I have encountered yet, because it actually affects my troop movement. so now i have to plod through his whole empire and let him dance around my troops for the next 400 years. great.

Sistine Chapel
  • I checked my culture from cities before I used a great engineer to immediately build it...it was 49 per turn. I had 0 culture coming in from city-states or anywhere other than cities. so 33% of this is 16.17. so i am expecting to have my new culture be 65. unfortunately it was 63, which is more like +28.5%. it's almost a negligible amount and easy to miss if you're not double checking the game's math, but I believe this is a bug. i distinctively checked where all my culture was coming from and how much i made before i used my precious great engineer on it. it's possible that my culture suddenly dipped for some reason, but i did not take on any new population as far as i can tell.
Can you please provide a save to show this? Note that it increases base culture, not overall culture, so if you already have some cities with multipliers (Hermatige) or social policies (Mandate of heaven), then it doesn't increase those.

Great Wall -
what it claims: Enemy land units must spend 1 additional Movement Point when inside your territory.
what it did: Enemy land units must spend 1 additional Movement Point when inside your territory FOR THE REST OF YOUR EXISTENCE EVEN IF YOU LOSE CONTROL OF IT
  • I captured a capital that had this Wonder already built. The next turn, the graphic of the Great Wall switched from spanning several of their cities to a couple of mine. ok cool, so now I have the Great Wall --not so fast. only through frustrating troop movement and loses did i realize that not only did I NOT have the Great Wall working for me, my opponent still had the effect working for him! I even annexed the city to see if I got the ability after 10 turns or something. NOPE. this has been the most frustrating World Wonder bug that I have encountered yet, because it actually affects my troop movement. so now i have to plod through his whole empire and let him dance around my troops for the next 400 years. great.

Can you please provide a save for this?

Sistine Chapel
Sounds like a rounding difference to me. I'd guess the Chapel rounds increases each cities individual culture output by 33%, not their collective output. So if you have 7 culture in a city, you won't get 2.33 culture but only 2 (And I guess 2.66 would be rounded down too)

Top Bottom