World Wonders with Permanent Alliance

Manfred Belheim

Moaner Lisa
I just signed a permanent alliance deal with another civ, and we were both building 3 of the same wonders at the same time. The turn after I signed I get messages that I cannot continue building any of them, so it seems my new partner automatically gets dibs on them? I know we'll both get the benefits anyway so it doesn't really matter in that respect, but I was further along in building all of them, so this way there's more of a chance of someone else building them first. Does this always just happen automatically, or is there some way of influencing which build is allowed to continue?

On a related note it also made me think, what happens to national wonders? Are we still allowed to have one each, or does one of those get deleted too?

I just signed a permanent alliance deal with another civ, and we were both building 3 of the same wonders at the same time. The turn after I signed I get messages that I cannot continue building any of them, so it seems my new partner automatically gets dibs on them? I know we'll both get the benefits anyway so it doesn't really matter in that respect, but I was further along in building all of them, so this way there's more of a chance of someone else building them first. Does this always just happen automatically, or is there some way of influencing which build is allowed to continue?
I've played with permanent alliances on, and I always thought it was random. With what just happened to you, I guess it's not.

On a related note it also made me think, what happens to national wonders? Are we still allowed to have one each, or does one of those get deleted too?
Nope, you keep your National Wonders

Same here. I dont think you can build them at all with PAs on. Thanks for the reminder! GE points are tough to get!

Both players in a PA cannot build a wonder; whomever starts building first locks the other out from attempting. I would presume that in the case of a newly minted PA, whomever started building first would get dibs on rights.

I guess the trick here was to ask your ally to change tech 1 turn before you can finish it.. you are 1st to finish tech and access wonders and you can start wonder... if AI finish tech 1st, (s)he gets chance to start wonder, not you... :)

Why not?

Usually one responds to a post like this to answer the OP's question, and you did, however considering this question was posed 2 1/2 years ago I somewhat doubt the OP is in need of an answer.

I didn't mean to be rag on you, by the way, the info you provided is actually interesting (I don't play with PAs on, but I just like learning about how the game works, maybe I'm weird like that.), but it just seems a little... I dunno, unnecessary.

Top Bottom