Worldbuilder Crash When Editing Map

Svenny

Chieftain
When I try to load a map I've been working on in Worldbuilder it crashes and gives me an option to send an error report . When I click OK I get a message that there is no system to send reports outside of Firaxis.

I don't think my mods are the problem because I've changed what mods I've had active as I've worked on the map and I've gotten the same crash every time. Has anyone else had this problem? I've attached a screenshot.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    32.1 KB · Views: 95
I also get an error report on my desktop if anyone knows how to read that.

Attachments

• Firaxis Error Report.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 46
Moderator Action: Since this sounds like a map creation/WorldBuilder problem (rather than a problem with the game itself), this thread is moved to the C&C forum, where your post is more likely to be noticed by those who can provide well-informed help.

How are you attempting to open Civ5 Worldbuilder?

The error report message you are getting is pretty similar (if not identical) to the one you often get when attempting to open the SDK, then open Worldbuilder from the shortcut.

I always just double-click the saved map-file rather than going through any of the Firaxis-provided shortrcuts. If you have not redirected where Worldbuilder saves map files this will be in folder ~\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Maps

-------------------------

Also, Worldbuilder will crash and give you that message if any of the other SDk componenets (like Modbuddy or Firetuner) are open, and you will sometimes get that message if you have just been running Civ5 and then closed it prior to attempting to open up Worldbuilder. There has always been an issue in this last case where the SDK still thinks Civ5 is running even tho it is not, and so will cause this WorldBuilder "opening" crash. In all of these cases the easiest thing to do as a first step is shut down the PC and restart it because Worldbuilder never seems to "reset" itself once you get this error condition without restarting your computer, and in some cases you will need to delete the contents of the SteamApp Cache. Deleting the contents of the SteamApp Cache would be your very last resort.

Last edited:
Top Bottom