1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Worldbuilder development thread

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by merijn_v1, Dec 25, 2015.

1. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

As of version 1.13, the worldbuilder has been replaced by Platybuilder. This adds a lot of new tools to the worldbuilder.

This thread is to discuss all sorts of things related to the worldbuilder. If you have suggestions/request for new features for the worldbuilder, post them here. If you experiencing any bug regarding the worldbuilder you can post them here.

2. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

List of new, custom DoC features:
    - Button to enable/disable secondary civs (PlayerInfoScreen)
    - Replaced the "regenerate map" button with a "convertsave" button (so no python console required anymore)
    - Stabilitymap viewer and editor
    - City name viewer mode
    - Tool to easily change civ specific modifiers

Small changes from original platybuilder:
    - Startingplots have the color of the civ instead of magenta/black

More to come

3. cudfather

cudfather Prince

Bug report: I can't select and put on the map any unit other than Lion.

4. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

Do you even have the latest version with platybuilder? The Lion is the auto selected unit of the vanilla WB, whereas the Airship is the auto selected unit of the platybuilder. (alphabetical order)

If you have platybuilder, there is a list of units at the left of the screen.

5. cudfather

cudfather Prince

Yes, I have the new platybuilder. There's a list on the left, and clicking units on this list does not switch the selected unit. Sometimes it switches to airship (I think it happens when I go to some category other than "all units".

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 925 using Tapatalk

6. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

It works perfectly fine for me. I have no clue why it doesn't work for you. Anyone else having this problem?

7. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

New features: Stability map editor and Stability overlay
    (When Leoreth merges the Pull request)

Stability Overlay:
    I brought over the stability overlay from SoI. When you press Ctrl-K (or with a button above the minimap), you can toggle the overlay on/of.
    If you make changes to the stability map with the editor below, you can see apply these changes to the overlay by toggling it off an on again.

Some notes: (I hope to fix them soon)
    - If you have the overlay enabled and open or close the WB, the overlay doesn't update. Switch the overlay off and on again to update the overlay.
    - The overlay only works for the civ your playing. (So you can't see the overlay for other civs in the WB)
    Spoiler :

Spawn plot:
    The spawning plot of a civ is now colored with the primary color of the civ, instead of magenta or black.

Stability map editor:
    Note: This is only a tool do make changes and export them into a file. The changes have to be manually imported into the code to make it work.

The stabilitymaps can be edited in 3 different screens; Infoscreen, PlotData screen and Mapeditor screen, of which I think the last will be used the most.

Spoiler :

In the infoscreen, you can get detailed information about the tiles. By clicking on the Civ in the table, you can view the stabilitymap of that civ. (Egypt is selected in the screenshot) The current plot is the black, flashing plot. (In the screenshot, this plot is slighty under the pink area) By clicking on the red cross or green wink in the core-column, you can add/remove the current plot to/from the core of a civ.

By clicking on an integer in the settlervalue-column, you can change the settlervalue of the current tile. With dropdown menu which is "Set Value" in the screenshot, you can choose the method of editing the settler value. If you choose "add" or "remove", the settlervalue will increase of decrease by the amount shown in the dropdown menu in the middle. If you choose "set value", the settlervalue will change to the defined value which is shown under the map. You can change this value with the + or - next to it. It will change the amount which is shown in the middle dropdown menu. You can also quickpick common value with the dropdown menu below it.

By clicking on the red cross or green wink, you can enable/disable the extended map for a civ. (It uses setReborn(iCiv, bool))

In the bottom right, there are a few buttons. The buttons with the arrows move the current plot by 1 or 5 tiles. The buttons in the "Multitile selection" allow to select multiple tiles at once. (The pink area in the screenshot) You can select tiles by clicking on start, move the current plot with the buttons and clicking end. Then, you can add/remove these tiles to the core, replace the current core with the selection or change the settlervalue of the selection. The settlervalue selection works similarly to the table. If you are in the "add" or "remove" mode, the settlervalue of all tiles will increase of decrease with the amount shown in the middle dropdown menu. If you are in "set value" mode, the settlervalue of all tiles in the selection will change to the defined value.

I will talk about the Revert changes and export button later.

In the topleft dropdown menu, you can select flipzone. This screen allows you to change the flipzones of civs. It works the same as editing cores in the stability map screen.

I included an easteregg in this screen. A cookie for the one that finds it.
    Spoiler :
    Did you think I would spoil the easteregg in a spoiler?

Spoiler :

The PlotData screen works similarly to the InfoScreen. You can edit the stability parameters of a tiles for the civs.

Spoiler :

In the Mapeditor screen, you can add tiles to the core/flipzone (depending on the mode) by clicking on the tile, like the other features of the Mapeditor mode. By rightclicking on the tiles, you can remove that tiles from the core/flipzone.

Spoiler :

Also in the Mapeditor screen, you can change the settlervalue of a tile. This only works with the presetvalue in the dropdown menu. The overlay will tell which tiles are historical (green, settlervalue >= 90) or are forbidden for the AI to settle (light purple, settlervalue =3)

With the buttons in the "revert panel", you can undo all changes you made to the stabilitymaps and go back to the original state. The left buttons do this only for the selected civ, the right column does the same for all civs.

The export buttons exports all changes to a file. (This doesn't mean the changes are applied in the code. The changes still have to be incorporated manually)

@ Leoreth
    I created a new python file (MapDrawer.py in python/screens/worldbuilder) which contains the functional code. It has 3 lists with a dictionary for each civ. (1 for flipzones, 1 for cores, 1 for settlervalues) If you edit a tile, the tile will be added as a key to the dictionary with the value being True or False for the Flipzones/Cores and the settlervalue for the settlervaluemaps. If you change a tile back to it's original state, the key and value will be removed from the dictionary. (So the dictionaries are empty if maps of a civs didn't change or you reverted all tiles back to the original state)
    Exporting the changed maps is based on the script you created for Stability Map Creator. It will only export the maps you changed. (see screenshot below)

The result are files similar to the files the script of the Stability Map Creator produces. (csv files)
    Spoiler :

I hope it is a bit clear what I created. Most of it will show itself if you are working with it.

8. need my speed

need my speed Rex Omnium Imperarium

None of these pictures work (for me).

9. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

10. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

This looks good, a lot of it is exactly what I had in mind. Will review the pull request when I can.

11. Fresol

Fresol Angry Halfling in Green

Excellent job! This features makes the game more user-friendly.