Worldbuilder instability/bugs

Caspar_Esq.

Chieftain
Am I the only one who finds playing maps created in worldbuilder a very buggy experience?

Currently playing on the World map in BTS, and, like the Europe map I played before it, there are often graphical glitches, in which everything changes to the wrong colour.

Also in my latest game, on the score graph it only shows numbers for three Civ's! Pretty rubbish when I want to compare power etc.!

Civ IV may well be an incredible game, but there are so many bugs with it, even now so many years after release, that it is just shoddily coded. They better have superior QA for the next iteration, you would have thought Fireaxis would take more pride...

I can't speak to your worldbuilder experience, I've only played one or two scenarios, they worked fine, but that's not much of a sample.

But only seeing a few civs in the power graph is not a bug. You need a certain (quite minimal) amount of espionage invested in a civ to see their demographics, which includes their power rating. So get out there, meet civs, and do some spying.

Two things:
1) Update to the latest patch and download Bhruic's unofficial patch (in Downloads section)
2) Check your graphics card and compare it to the recommended specs (*in the Firaxis website)

Top Bottom