1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

WorldBuilder Templates

Stripped down maps to save time when making custom maps/scenarios

1. kantorr

kantorr Chieftain

kantorr submitted a new resource:

WorldBuilder Templates - Stripped down maps to save time when making custom maps/scenarios

Read more about this resource...

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  2. Winged Hussar

Winged Hussar Chieftain

Thank you! Great work.

I've just started experimenting with this (and your custom map utility), and everything seems to work out nicely. Just one issue:

I created a small test map from scratch with two civs and two city-states using LOC_WORLDBUILDER_MAP. After loading it through your custom map utility, the two civs start right where they were supposed to, but the city states do not show up at all. I actually don't see any city states on any of these maps, and it does not matter if I specify their starting locations or not. ...is there an issue with them or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance,

WH

3. kantorr

kantorr Chieftain

In the player editor menu of WorldBuilder ensure you have AI players added for each of the possible city states. Define them as Civ: Random and Level: Civilization_level_city_state.
    Select a plot and in the starting position option select random city state.
    This is how I do it.

4. Winged Hussar

Winged Hussar Chieftain

Oh man, can't believe I missed that. Thanks a bunch Kontorr!

Looks like you have to match the civilizations in the "create game" screen to the civilizations you have in your scenario. It appears the city-state slider setting does not matter.