World's worst parents #3

Yeah i even hear osme parents naem thier kids stuff like trig and piper

She apparently has friends still...

A LOT of kids get bullied when they're younger. Big. Deal. If their parents don't give them stupid names, other kids will. They're called "nicknames" and they tend to be a lot worse than Tula whatever. Yeah, she's starting on a bad foot, but that's not even remotely justifying a "worst parents" title. And she can change her name to something more "professional" when she gets older anyway. I doubt, for her first job, that the Subway GM is going to care about her proper name when he's looking through the hiring list. Hell, it will probably help her get it.

Not even on the top 100 things parents can do to make them "worst parents".
You couldn't be more wrong. Human psychological development starts from infancy. Childhood is when humans do most development. Naming a kid something stupid will affect his development from the beginning. I really don't feel like arguing about it more than that, but you get my meaning.

No, you must be thinking of: not on the top 100 of worst things that can be done to a kid.

As for making your kid's life hell, as a PARENT (being allowed to keep custody), this ranks pretty high on the list.
Actually, an incident such as this warrants examining the parents for other defects.
Yeah, right below beating them into years of physical therapy and right above taking crack throughout your pregnancy is giving your kid a silly name. I mean, what terrible parents. And it's so bad we might want to think about examining them for other problems... THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

Phleg, yeah, and kids get over it. Sticks and stones, you know.

@DNK: Not all of them get over it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virginia_Tech_massacre

Okay, so he was also mentally ill. Still, being made fun of is not something people like. Sure, it has to be a lot more than a name to make people kill other people, but even the little things can count.

@DNK: Not all of them get over it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virginia_Tech_massacre

Okay, so he was also mentally ill. Still, being made fun of is not something people like. Sure, it has to be a lot more than a name to make people kill other people, but even the little things can count.
The balls you need to have to try and pull something like that. The guy is clearly not mentally stable, has been for a long time, and you want to pin it on what? Bullying. SO many kids get bullied in their childhood, one in a few million snaps, and all of a sudden it's name-calling that's the culprit, not a clear mental disorder? I could pull a much better set of excuses out of my ass for that, but no, you're right, naming someone "Hula from Albuquerque does the Potato" is going to make the kid massacre people. Terrible, terrible parents. Worse than cult members that shove the kool-aid down their kids' throats and fathers that rape their daughters.

Okay, fine, bad example. Look for some more, you'll eventually find one that better fits what I'm talking about. Not every school shooting ever was caused someone was always mentally unstable. :p

And we get it, there are worse things a parent could do. This still isn't a good thing.

Yeah, right below beating them into years of physical therapy and right above taking crack throughout your pregnancy is giving your kid a silly name. I mean, what terrible parents.
Abusive parents and junkies can easily cease being parents in the civilized world. The kids get taken away from them. That's the point.
And it's so bad we might want to think about examining them for other problems... THINK OF THE CHILDREN!
Absolutely.
Hell if someone gives their kid a name like that, you'd think they are on crack.

Top Bottom