1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Worldwrap

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by WastinTime, Jul 15, 2012.

1. WastinTime

WastinTime Deity Supporter

I'm 100% sure I've set Worldwrap on an Archipelago map years ago, and others have confirmed they still can. However, my game no longer allows it. Worldwrap is gone from the custom game screen. I have found that I only get this option for 'highlands', 'global highlands', Terra, and 'rain forest'. Any idea what happened? Others report that they can set Arch, Pangaea, etc....

UPDATE:
    SOLVED

install patch 3.13 first to get the new map scripts, then install 3.19.

2. Merovech

Merovech Warlord

I know off the top of my head that I can do it on fractal and pangea, I'll have to check on the rest.

3. Um the Muse

Um the Muse King

I know that Hub allows for both cylindrical and toroidal. I'm pretty sure that Archi can too. Do you have any mods?

4. WastinTime

I'm usually (always) running the BUFFY mod, but I loaded the standard un-modded BtS and I still don't see Worldwrap for Archi, Pangaea, etc.

5. King Kalmah

King Kalmah Magyar Madness

Yeah this question is a NEWB question,but now is the time to make myself look stupid...lol

WHY do some patches add "new" map types and some don't?

What I mean is the last time I did patch my game to 3.19 I never got any Tectonic style maps...

I think its odd that some patches have the maps and others don't...I will not patch my game to 3.19 again because it Nerfs tanks and cuts the hammer value of chops in half at a time when you NEED hammers...

I understand if they felt this was needed,but why did they wait like 3 years to make the patch???

Also how do I get new maps,without ruining the core game with lame nerfs?

6. Um the Muse

Um the Muse King

@King Kalmah:
    I only started playing the game after the latest patch, so I don't know anything about that. But have you checked out the mods section of this site? I think that they have a large selection of map types to download.

I believe that the BUG mod came with a world generator that is a lot more flexible than having map types.

@WastinTime: Sorry, I don't know what to tell you. I'm at work right now, but I'll check it out when I get home. I think that there are certain settings that allow/disallow others. Could that be your problem?

7. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

...um...maybe I say here something obvious, but world wrap for Archipelago is not available when you hit "play now", but it's available via "custom game".

Tectonics is a community script, and it's latest version was not ready before 3.19.
    If you want it, you can just download it here.

...by downloading them? There are a couple of scripts availabe here at CFC, and you don't need the latest patch for them, they are version independent.

8. King Kalmah

King Kalmah Magyar Madness

Thank you very much,did not know that....
    Sweet that is music to my ears.Its just hard for me to patch the game when the main benefit was the nerfs...honestley didn't see the AI act any differently...except maybe it was move active in the naval department...actually sending scouting boats and then an invasion force...hmm maybe I will check out the BUG mod...

9. WastinTime

I appreciate the suggestions so far, but no luck yet. I've tried reseting my options to defaults, deleting my Civ.ini file, loading no mods, and I even ran Vanilla Civ to check that. It may not have Worldwrap in that version. Mine certainly doesn't. Can anyone confirm they have worldwrap settings on vanilla civ?

10. The_J

Spoiler :

Made right now, so :dunno:.
    Also attached the script, so that you can test it. Not that something was screwed up on your machine :dunno:.

Attached Files:

11. Seraiel

Seraiel Deity

Archipelago also has a Worldwrap option on my PC, Big & Small doesn't. Wasn't that the question? :confused:

12. WastinTime

Ok, so that Archipelago.py is very different from mine which might be the vanilla one. Where is it supposed to be located? Mine is in civIV\PublicMaps, but not civIV\Beyond the Sword\PublicMaps

13. The_J

My attached one is from WL (so WL\PublicMaps, but shouldn't matter which publicMaps folder), seems there was no updated needed for BtS.

14. WastinTime

Ok, so warlords updated the arch map, but I don't have warlords.
    I know that map used to have worldwrap on my machine.

I would assume that BtS must have also updated this file. So can anyone with BtS confirm this file exists in the BtS\PublicMaps folder? And if it does, how about a quick snapshot of all the files in that folder please?

15. The_J

BtS didn't update the map, don't have it in my BtS folder.
    I thought you got all necessary updates with BtS if you didn't have WL, but seems I've been wrong (okay, not a big thing, but still...).

Could post a screeny from the PublicMaps folder, but I'm not sure how much of that stuff I have there is from Bts and how much from the forums :dunno:.

16. Um the Muse

Um the Muse King

Here you go. I've never downloaded any maps. Though I do have BUG/BULL and kmod, I don't think that those changes are in this list.

Spoiler :

[/URL]

Oh, and I think that I have the WL maps and stuff without ever loading WL (never played Vanilla).

17. Turquoiside

Turquoiside Emperor

Seems to be a unique issue; I only have Vanilla and BTS and my freshly-reinstalled game has world wrap options when I set the map to Archipelago.

18. WastinTime

That's the exact same bts\publicmaps I have. So I must be missing WL, but I know you don't need Warlords installed.

I do have a "Warlords\" directory, but not WL\
    Warlords\ has an assets folder, but nothing else.

I guess I should reinstall, but I can't mess with my system now 'cus I'm in the middle of a 5 million point game, and I don't want to invalidate that.

19. damerell

damerell Slow Worker

By recognising that changes that affect you and the AI equally, leaving the things they affect still valuable and useful, don't in any way ruin the game?

(Particularly I find the idea that a change to tanks "ruins the core game" remarkable, since for quite a lot of the game you don't even have tanks - if you're one of the Conquest ninjas who populate these forums, you might clear the whole thing up before ever building a tank, so what's the "core game" then, the bit that didn't even happen?)

20. WastinTime

SOLVED

install patch 3.13 first to get the new map scripts, then install 3.19.