Wormholes used by AI?

OllyG

Chieftain
Hello

Firstly, thank you to all involved for creating this excellent mod: I'm currently playing my first game with it and really enjoying it.

I did read up on this in the FAQ and did a forum search, but a lot of the answers were from 10+ years ago, so thought I would check: sorry if I am duplicating.

Is it still the case with the latest releases that the AI does not/cannot use wormholes (except stumbling through them by accident)?

Thanks

Olly.

Latest version of this mod is 9 years old so all those answers are probably still relevant.

Is it still the case with the latest releases that the AI does not/cannot use wormholes (except stumbling through them by accident)?

I did not check this mod specifically, but this is almost certainly the case, i.e. the AI doesn't know how to use wormholes. This is the case in the Final Frontier proper and changing that would require changes to how pathfinding works and, while that is possible, it is not an easy change to make.

Last edited:
Latest version of this mod is 9 years old so all those answers are probably still relevant.

I did not check this mod specifically, but this is almost certainly the case, i.e. the AI doesn't know how to use wormholes. This is the case in the Final Frontier proper and changing that would require changes to how pathfinding works and, while that is possible, that is not an easy change to make.

Ah yes, I didn't realise that about the age of the mod.

Thanks for confirming that, that's what I thought.

It would be marvellous if the AI could use wormholes, but not something I can reasonably ask, as I have 0 programming skills to help make that happen!

Top Bottom