Worse Than Trump?

Zardnaar

Deity
This is Judith Collins.

Right wing politian who has been dog whistling and race baiting.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/in-depth/449082/the-racist-aftermath-of-the-aotearoa-debate

She hasn't gone off the deep end unlike some in the US but she been dipping her toe into the water and playing in the paddling pool.

So what makes her worse than Trump? Well Trump has some amount of feral charisma Judith has none. She got smoked last year in the general election by Jacinda. Labour won and could govern alone under proportional representation throw in the Greens and support was 59%.

Her personal approval ratings are in single digits. A right wing leader of a minor party polls higher than her as preferred leader. He also polls higher than her amoung her own National voters.

She's so bad National has not broken the 30% mark in polling since the election. She's so bad Labour captured the "most" conservative seat in the country.

She should have been rolled but the arse kicking was so bad no one wants the job. She's so bad they're probably already lost the next election as well.

At best a sacrificial goat might roll her to take one for the team to get the polling above 30%. Then said goat gets rolled and they might have a chance in 2026.

Problem is they got decimated so hard they lost all their liberal/centrist candidates and were reduced to the safest of safe seats and old pale male candidate s with a similar lack of charisma.

It's not the biggest electoral crushing they've had that was 2002. But in 2002 they got some new blood including future prime minister, several minsters and a core to rebuild around.

She's so bad online speculation is she is a Green party plant to destroy the party. Said mostly as a joke. Gentlebeings of CFC Judith Collins she makes Thatcher look warm and cuddly.

BTW she earnt the nickname Crusher Collins. So yeah worse than Trump he didn't destroy his party as such and had numbers well into 40%+ range similar to Nationals numbers in 2014.

I think Trump will actually be bad for the GOP long term, and I’ve written about this here before.

Australia's equivalent is Pauline Hansen. Her popularity tanked in 2019 and is continuing to tank. We still need to clean out her stench in the senate though. That may take a couple of elections to achieve.

Australia's equivalent is Pauline Hansen. Her popularity tanked in 2019 and is continuing to tank. We still need to clean out her stench in the senate though. That may take a couple of elections to achieve.

She never got 47% of the vote or lead a major party.

This is Judith Collins.

Well I watched the six minute video, and I end up almost liking Judith Collins.

What I disliked was the interviewer, whose style was to preclude meaningful discussion.

Asking her to explain why delegates re-elected someone is stupid.

She has more patience than me.

I'd have been tempted to reply to him.

"That is democracy in action, stupid".

Well I watched the six minute video, and I end up almost liking Judith Collins.

What I disliked was the interviewer, whose style was to preclude meaningful discussion.

Asking her to explain why delegates re-elected someone is stupid.

She has more patience than me.

I'd have been tempted to reply to him.

"That is democracy in action, stupid".

Context though. They packed that election with their supporters after one of the worst drubbings ever.

She's not popular with the rank and file of her own parties supporter's.
She's been around a while and has a reputation of dirty politics.

Who will lead Republican in the next election? And will they wage another war against Taliban to recapture Afghanistan and push China away?
or did Asia Pacific became more important than Middle East? Stemming Chinese expansions into ASEAN is now more important than preventing Islamic Tyrannies in middle east?

Ah yes, the interviewer. Of course.

Interviewer is a lefty used to support the Greens. He's quite happy to drag whoever over the coals I like him.

Afaik he still supports the left. Judith is crap in interviews.

Who will lead Republican in the next election? And will they wage another war against Taliban to recapture Afghanistan and push China away?

Biden adopted Trump's plan for withdrawal. Gopers do not want to be fighting in Afghanistan. Libs do not want to be fighting in Afghanistan. Moderates do not want to be fighting in Afghanistan.

or did Asia Pacific became more important than Middle East?
:yeah:
US's middle east policy is being written in Jerusalem.

Stemming Chinese expansions into ASEAN is now more important than preventing Islamic Tyrannies in middle east?
Too right. :ar15:

Interviewer is a lefty used to support the Greens. He's quite happy to drag whoever over the coals I like him.

The problem is he didn't.

By talking too much and adversarialy, he failed to get the interviewed to talk on and incriminate themselves.

I am not familiar with New Zealand politics and can only judge things from that video.

Judith is crap in interviews.

I wasn't impressed by her, but she escaped being held to account in that interview.

The problem is he didn't.

By talking too much and adversarialy, he failed to get the interviewed to talk on and incriminate themselves.

I am not familiar with New Zealand politics and can only judge things from that video.

I wasn't impressed by her, but she escaped being held to account in that interview.

Yeah John can be a bit aggro in interviews.

It's the way things work here.

I think Trump will actually be bad for the GOP long term, and I’ve written about this here before.

GOP in its present form pre/post Trump was/is not viable. Though at least in the US, it's not the GOP that's doing the majority of race baiting.

Biden adopted Trump's plan for withdrawal. Gopers do not want to be fighting in Afghanistan. Libs do not want to be fighting in Afghanistan. Moderates do not want to be fighting in Afghanistan.

Yeah. There are lots of legitimate things to blame on Trump and Biden. But I don't understand the expectation that we keep fleecing ourselves there. I find it doubtful any real nation building went on at all given what happened the second troops left, and find it doubtful that foreign nation building is a functional idea for a nation that doesn't want to be built that way.

Though leaving behind functional military equipment is completely asinine. I'm not sure who's to blame for that one, but the consequences of that should not be trivial for those behind it.

What's Australia's take on whether the US president is worse or better than Trump was ? What's Your angle ? What are You trying to gain Australia ?

Top Bottom