Worst form of human life in history

Imrahil91

Prince
Many people have lived in terrible enviroments with torture, discrimination, slavery etc.
Some examples are people in concentration camps, slaves shipped from Africa to America, slaves in earlier history, children soldiers today and so on...
Who do you think lived the worst life ever?
And do you know about any god books, movies or articles about this? I'd like to know more.
Thanks.

It's hard to quantify. I think most Jews in Nazi death camps knew their ultimate fate, although it took a long time to happen; whereas most African slaves were subject to it for a shorter time and had a better chance of surviving (as that was the whole point). But if things get bad enough, is death the worst that can happen?

Job.

Boy, God sure jerked him around didn't he? Take that you devout believer! And that!

I'd say the inmates in the German concentration camps in World War II. The Soviet and Japanese camps were awfully bad, too.

There are plenty of other prisoner camps in history or genocides committed where people have had it just as bad as during WW2. I wouldn't want to be a Congolese during the Belgian occupation...if you don't bring them enough rubber, you lose a hand.

Being poor in the early industrial revolution would have really sucked. Especially somewhere like the matchstick factories.

There are plenty of other prisoner camps in history or genocides committed where people have had it just as bad as during WW2. I wouldn't want to be a Congolese during the Belgian occupation...if you don't bring them enough rubber, you lose a hand.

Larry Gonick has a section in The Cartoon History of the Modern World on the Indians enslaved to work in the Potosi silver mines. After the easy silver was taken, they used mercury to extract the silver. Mercury fumes cause madness and death.

When the Spanish started running short of Indians they imported slaves from Africa to work the mines.

This went on for a couple hundred years. God knows how many people died.

Depends on the people. Some individuals under Stalin had it pretty bad.

Incidentally, I recall hearing that among the Allied anti-German propaganda of World War I was a list of things they had done to the Belgians under occupation. Things like cutting off hands and feet. Well, the Germans hadn't done this . . . but the Belgians had, to the Congolese.

(Admittedly, the Belgians did suffer, and by and large the Belgians who suffered under the Germans weren't the same individuals inflicting atrocities in the Congo, and weren't responsible. Still, there is no comparison between the two.)

Don't be an idiot. To compare their life to that of a Jew in a concentration camp or an African slave in American south or a some of the jobs that involved poisonous heavy metals is just reeks of uninformed ideology.

Don't be an idiot. He doesn't mean random people on the street. Have you ever read or heard anything about Soviet prisoners?

Someone who lived in Western Russia from about 1900-2000.

I take donations :D

Don't be an idiot. He doesn't mean random people on the street. Have you ever read or heard anything about Soviet prisoners?

Being a Soviet prisoner would be one of the nastiest lives I can imagine. Given the poster's sig and some previous posts I'm under the impression she meant a random person on the street of Moscow or Beijing. If I made a mistake I apologize.

Being a Soviet prisoner would be one of the nastiest lives I can imagine. Given the poster's sig and some previous posts I'm under the impression she meant a random person on the street of Moscow or Beijing. If I made a mistake I apologize.

Actually I think you didn't make any mistake... I dunno... I didn't notice the sig. :)

Top Bottom