[R&F] Worth/Cost table

Victoria

Regina
Supporter
So the worth/cost table has changed and an interesting aspect of it is surprise war. it seems to be hinting
The AI may demand tribute from you more than it iused to
They seemed to have changed the values in request assistance so I'll manipulate the figures to see if it pops... I doubt it. There is a gift unit icon that may be associated with this .. or just there for the future or some discarded design.
Delegation has changed a bit, naturally they will always accept on the first turn you meet but beyond that, even at friendly there is a cost associated with them accepting a delegation.
Also interesting how the denounce now looks, seems to imply the AI will only denounce you when unfriendly.

Just thought I would share the full table

upload_2018-2-25_17-42-45.png

What does "request assistance" do?

What units are those values are? Are they... points of diplomatic modifier or programming values?

And from my experience, acceptance of embassy is easier than delegations, I wonder why..

Sorry for some reason I missed this question

And from my experience, acceptance of embassy is easier than delegations, I wonder why..
Well for acceptance it is cost and the lower the better value...a resident is considered more costly for them to accept than a delegation if friendly or lower.

What units are those values are? Are they... points of diplomatic modifier or programming values?
I am not 100% sure, likely points of modification to a decision

What does "request assistance" do?

Do city states request assistance from AI civs? If so maybe that's what it's used for.

Do city states request assistance from AI civs? If so maybe that's what it's used for.
The worth/cost requests are in the Diplomacy_summary.csv log file and I have never seen any evidence of this.
Additionally if you look at the worth costs of these they will never happen.
However I did test and play a game with the two values swapped (90/-90 instead of -90/90) which would indicate at the slightest chance they would be used by whoever... and no indication anywhere that they were used.

Nice thought though... and you never know.. they just may not be logged.

Request Assistance sounds like the other side of the coin when you get join'd warred i.e. ask to other civ to join war with you against your attackers.

Or maybe like in civ V when an allie would ask you for some resources sometimes.

Request Assistance sounds like the other side of the coin when you get join'd warred i.e. ask to other civ to join war with you against your attackers.

Or maybe like in civ V when an allie would ask you for some resources sometimes.
Yes, one suspects it was a concept that never made it, the variables are extreme and I tried every trick to get one to happen. Maybe it’s to come with the UN they promised?

Yes, one suspects it was a concept that never made it, the variables are extreme and I tried every trick to get one to happen. Maybe it’s to come with the UN they promised?

I hope so. In what mechanics is concerned, I feel the only thing left is a major overhaul to diplomacy/late game.

Top Bottom