1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Worth it to switch from Republic to Democracy?

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Strategy & Tips' started by jkp1187, Sep 19, 2004.

1. Aggie

Aggie Chieftain

I'm interested to hear who will be in the vote. The UN in MP games is very strange. I once held a vote in PBEM. Both humans were in it and also one of the smallest AI civs. The only one that should be in it (if it were working like a SP game) was me. I had the UN and the other human was too small as well.

2. jkp1187

jkp1187 Unindicted Co-Conspirator

First vote was a straight two-party vote between my country (England) and France (computer player). The humans (other than me!) abstained and the vote was inconclusive. I've since declared war on human player Persia, and have repaired relations with France (by signing military alliance against Persia and giving them free uranium). I think the next vote will be me and Persia, though, because France took a population hit when they went to Fascist.

In your game, perhaps there were three candidates b/c a really low-rank country built the UN? I think whoever builds the UN is automatically included in the vote.

(edit--never mind, I see that YOU were the one who built the UN...)

3. jkp1187

jkp1187 Unindicted Co-Conspirator

Persia's too big. She has all the resources she needs in her home territory. Germany is no threat...in fact, he joined the anti-Persian crusade. I have trashed a couple of cities, and if I can keep France and Arabia at war with Persia, I might be able to swing a UN victory by getting their votes.....