WOTM 68 Final Spoiler - Game Completed or Abandoned

DynamicSpirit

Fear him of the pink tie
GOTM Staff

WOTM 68 Final Spoiler

So how did your game after 1AD go? Tell everyone about your amazing victory (or your embarrassing defeat)!

Reading Requirements

Stop! If you are participating in WOTM 686 then you MUST NOT read this thread unless
  • You have submitted your entry

Posting Restrictions
  • Do not post any savegame file from the game. Discussions and screenshots are fine but not actual games.

I didn't get around to DoWing Ramses until 600 AD, and then Peter immediately DoW'd me followed a couple turns later by Shaka. I'd already committed my troops to the eastern front with Egypt and was a bit worried about my vulnerable west, but you know the AI. I whipped a couple units with superior tech and held them off without much trouble. Ramses was wiped out in 920 and I then turned on Shaka after taking peace with Peter. Shaka took two rounds of warfare to wipe out but went pretty quietly, followed by Peter. Getting Steel in 1090 was a big help and I concentrated on military techs, letting others get Education, Lib'ism, etc. while I built cavalry. I knocked Mehmed down to one iceball city, shipped my stacks east on my (nearly) transcontinental railroad, and then took 3 quick cities from Julius to hit the Dom limit in 1585. Good thing, because on the victory turn Julius had upgraded his longbows to rifles. :D Nice straightforward game that I'm sure somebody won by Conquest in 600 AD. ;)

Top Bottom