WOTM 73 -- Final Spoiler (Game submited or abandoned)

kcd_swede

Jag är Viking!½
GOTM Staff

WOTM 73 - Zombie Apocalypse - Final Spoiler

So how did your game after 1000AD go?

How many Walkers have you killed?
How many people have you killed?
Why?

Was this how you died?

Reading Requirements

Stop! If you are participating in WOTM 73 then you MUST NOT read this thread unless
  • You have submitted your entry

Posting Restrictions
  • Do not post any savegame file from the game. Discussions and screenshots are fine but not actual games.

I'm dead. Well, technically, I retired in 1898 when my last hope of taking Nagen's capital crumbled to dust. I did succeed in wiping out Daryl, and took 4 of Nagen's cities, but fell juuuust short on his capital. I came within 1 redlined unit of taking it the first time, but he reinforced. Healed in place with my superhealer, tried again, fell 2 units short after losing too many >90% fights, etc. My third try was pure desperation and ended as expected. When I first attacked him he'd just gotten Infantry and I had Rifles/Grens and cannon. A little later he had tanks. Then SAMs. Then Artillery. Xcal sad. :sad: See sad Xcal.

Unhappiness was really bad but I think the killer was that everybody was in Mercantilism even though they'd all had Economics for ages. :mad: All those lovely potential overseas trade routes and all I had was internal +1's. And after Steel I had nothing to trade for techs so I just fell farther and farther behind. Brutal game! I think I had two trade missions but needed a lot more--didn't generate GPs the way I should have but the land wasn't all that great for a proper GP farm. I'm anxious to hear how others did. Going for Music first probably wasn't bright but I don't know what the best approach is so I'll wait for advice before I try this again.

This game was a bloodbath.

I killed off Daryl (well, almost.. he capitulated with only 1 city left) sometime after about 1400ad, but my Mace/Cat army looked decidedly dicey against the Celtish undead hordes, so I didn't take him on. This turned out to be a big mistake.... but oh well.

Things were going along pretty well, making good trades and the other continent in reasonably constant wars, but then the silence fell. They were ALL at peace with each other which is a clear signal at this level that you are a big juicy target.

Gandhi of all people invaded first, then it was the celts. I spent 100 years whipping Rifles and ended up killing 50 Cavalry. Took 2 of his cities and he gave me an awesome peace deal: techs, gold, 10 gpt :)

I totally messed up the space ship build, I finished the Life Support and Cockpit, then wondered why it wasn't over.... I missed the Docking Bay !!!! Luckily the AI are hopeless at spaceship builds.

So, finished in 1968 (which is only 1 year out from the real date) for a huge score of just under 13k

Spoiler :
This game was a bloodbath.

I killed off Daryl (well, almost.. he capitulated with only 1 city left) sometime after about 1400ad, but my Mace/Cat army looked decidedly dicey against the Celtish undead hordes, so I didn't take him on. This turned out to be a big mistake.... but oh well.

Things were going along pretty well, making good trades and the other continent in reasonably constant wars, but then the silence fell. They were ALL at peace with each other which is a clear signal at this level that you are a big juicy target.

Gandhi of all people invaded first, then it was the celts. I spent 100 years whipping Rifles and ended up killing 50 Cavalry. Took 2 of his cities and he gave me an awesome peace deal: techs, gold, 10 gpt :)

I totally messed up the space ship build, I finished the Life Support and Cockpit, then wondered why it wasn't over.... I missed the Docking Bay !!!! Luckily the AI are hopeless at spaceship builds.

So, finished in 1968 (which is only 1 year out from the real date) for a huge score of just under 13k

Well heck, I didn't expect a whole lot of survivors... but if you could escape to somewhere else, that ought to get you a medal/award or two (or more).:goodjob:

oh gosh...completely forgot about this game..ugh..I had played quite a bit before stopping some weeks ago.

Was still going fairly strong late. Peter Dow'd me at some point and I was holding off his muskets and knights with my Rifles ( ha..I had like no army when he attack). Pizzed me off to as he was Please for a long time and a trade put him at cautious and he went Fist mode.

I can't even remember now what victory I was going for, but figure survive and see how it goes. Diplo or Space or something.

Teching went quit well early on with Philo and trying to turn Athens into a modest bureau cap, but AIs started to get pretty strong as the game progress. Cathy looked like she was a bout to run away with it. But I was getting some good tech trading done.

Ha Peter (I guess that was Darryl) just would not negotiate peace for forever, even at the point I took a break, even after killing tons of his units. He did some bad damage initially and cut off my trade routes as I made a mistake of not roading laterally across the continent so lost routes (and resources) from one side to another. Man, that sucked for a bit. Oh I really thought he would take my corn/stone city when he first sent in his stack. I had whipped a rifle or two and upgraded a unit. Got really luck as he slammed his initially stack into that city and I don't even lose a unit. However, the annoying thing was his Knight spam. Ofc, my rifles would kill them all but he scatter them all over initially pillaging the heck out of my southern land - losing health, trade routes, whatever.

Really shoulda have been more aggressive in early stages with local zombie killing.

Definitely one of the worst xotm maps i've ever seen. Land was absolutely craptastic.

Oh..one thing I noticed..at least I think I'm right here, but Warlords seems to handle random personalities strangely. The info screen only showed the usual fave civic of that leader as opposed to whatever leader he was disguised as this game. Bit confusing.

Top Bottom