1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

WOTM 75 - First Spoiler - 1AD

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Game of the Month' started by neilmeister, Jan 7, 2017.

1. neilmeister

neilmeister Lentils have feelings too GOTM Staff

WOTM 75 - First Spoiler - 1 AD

How did your early game go, did the extra resources fuel your game?

Have you won yet?

Stop! If you are participating in WOTM 75, then you MUST NOT read this thread unless EITHER
    • You have reached at least 1 AD in your game, OR
    • You have submitted your entry

Posting Restrictions

• Please do not disclose ANY events or information gained post 1 AD.
    • Please do not reveal your final result if that happened after 1 AD.
    • Please do not discuss the location of resources that may not show up before 1 AD. (Iron is OK, coal and oil are not)
    • Do not post any save game file from the game. Discussions and screenshots are fine but not actual games

2. kcd_swede

kcd_swede Chieftain GOTM Staff

Sweet start! Settled in place but saw there were enough goodies for several cities. Got caught up in wonder-spamming and expansion and didn't think about war up to 1AD. Looks like I'll be going for space race. Stonehenge let me expand my cities and was very useful.

3. nocho

nocho Chieftain

Pretty crazy game with this starting position! At least with epic it doesn't feel all too absurd. ;) For the first time ever I even managed to have Oxford built by 5AD (55BC), even in spite of a stupid moment where I didn't pay attention and let the Oracle finish a couple of turns too soon and had to settle for currency instead of civil service. Of course wonder hogged, but Mehmed beat me to the great wall. Probably the fail cash was even better though than the wonder itself. Also got good fail cash from ToA, otherwise I did get stonehenge, pyramids, oracle, parthenon, great library, hanging gardens and the great lighthouse. Even founded 4 religions, being hinduism, judaism, confu and tao. Used Wang as a worker farm, got 7 workers from him so far and a city. Total of 13 cities and 115 pop, 17 workers. Tech is up to education, philosophy and optics, music done next turn. Research is 715 bpt at 100%, about 520 sustainable. In normal circumstances I'd be pretty happy with half those numbers. :D