1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Would anyone be interested in an Indo-Greek scenario?

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by Virote_Considon, Apr 12, 2009.

1. PiotrG

PiotrG Chieftain

That's great. I am very interested in this scenario. Following the scenario, "Hegemon" appetite for a good script from antiquity to grow :)

2. PiotrG

PiotrG Chieftain

Virote, if you could write on what currently working on? I think a lot of people wanted to know on what stage is in progress.

3. Virote_Considon

Virote_Considon The Great Dictator

Mostly grunt-work: I've got around 100 Improvements/Wonders added in to the game, and am working on implementing the unit lines; I've got maybe 10% of the unit lines done right now.

4. T-mun

T-mun King Numa

Virote, could you share your thoughts about the unit lines ? Will they be very different from one another ?

5. Jerry'sGoldfish

Jerry'sGoldfish Emperor

virote, u need soghdiands!...:hmm:

6. Virote_Considon

Absolutely, T: There will be wider group differences (so the Greeks, the Indians, the Nomads, the Persians, etc., will have tailored group unit lines), sub-differences within the groups (for example, Egypt and Seleucia will have a different Roman unit line compared to the Indo-Greeks and Greco-Baktrians; the Southern Indian civs such as the Cholas and Pandyan will have a slight variation emphasising a more amphibious approach over the Northern Indians such as Mathura and Sunga) and then also some slight tweaking in individual unit lines (for example, to make the early game harder for the Seleucids, they're having their pre-Roman units costing ~10 more shields than their contemporaries)

I'm currently doing grunt-work on the basic unit lines, adding some of the varients where applicable (like, the early Selecuids are being plugged in as we speak)

@Jerry'sGoldfish: Soghdians are currently represented through the Greco-Bactrians (Bactra and Dayuan). The more nomadic elements will be represented through the Kangju.

7. Jerry'sGoldfish

Jerry'sGoldfish Emperor

8. T-mun

T-mun King Numa

@Virote: you did it again :lol: "Selecuids" ;) You really don't like Seleucos, do you ?

9. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

6 years an 69 posts. Looks promising!!

:mischief:

Joking ;) I hope you find the interest/will/time to pull this through. I might be able to help with gfx, if i am lucky enough :)

10. Virote_Considon

Haha, it would appear so :blush:

:p

Thanks.

There's nothing I need gfx-wise immediately, but I'll keep you posted.

11. Takhisis

Takhisis april's fool

You might at least need our moral support. You have my email address somewhere, I believe.