Would Israel attack Iran, if they where close to the bomb?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DYNAMICS, Oct 20, 2006.

1. CartesianFart

CartesianFart Deity

I am sure they are monitored everyday and everyhour by the Iranian Secret police.It is impossible anyway to bribe them probably the fact that they are treated well and are loyal to the ambition of pioneering a nuclear age for thier own country.

I have to say that this ambition is closely interconnected of extreme national pride of the Iranian people of all walks-of-life whether they are moderate,extremist,or liberal.

I don't trust Israel as well as what you mentioned.All three of them have to under the West control by balancing the power of sphere of influence equally.

2. CurtSibling

CurtSibling ENEMY ACE™ SLeague Staff Supporter

Do you think Israel is ready to blast Iran?

And why all the hesitation? Has the war in Lebanon shook Israel's nerve?

3. nivi

nivi Call me Ishmael

It hadn't shaken the Israelis nerve, only our PM.

He is too busy trying to stay in office.

4. skadistic

skadistic Caomhanach

I didn't say they would, only that Iran activly wages war against Israel by way of proxy terror orgsanization. Once Iran has the bomb they can turn up the dial on those attacks and use the bomb much like a blackmail tool. Whos going to stop them after they have the bomb?

5. CartesianFart

CartesianFart Deity

I know you are right on this,but i have to concur that even this is part of Iran's foreign policy of undermining Israel influence in the Middle-East,it still doesn't denote that they are going to do something which obvious will point the finger back at them of doing such atrocity-such as giving nuclear weapon to a rogue organization such as Hamas and Hezbollah and having them use it against civilians in Israel.

6. DYNAMICS

DYNAMICS Chief Engineer

"only in a rerun" ;)

7. skadistic

skadistic Caomhanach

Iran if it was going down hard it might give it to them as a last gasp. Just the treat of doing such a thing or sticking it on a missle named the 12th imam and pointing at Israel is to much. Iran could leverage out a large area of the ME as its new caliphate. How lond do you think Musaref in Pakistan would live? Iran would kill him quickly and take Pakistans nukes are more bargining chips.

8. CurtSibling

Even if they get the bomb, they will be stopped.

I know the UK will not back off from that creepy bearded Ahmadinejad.

If he struck our country, his extermination would be swift and total.

9. CartesianFart

CartesianFart Deity

I am sorry,but i think i lost you in this dialouge on this discussion.I think what is wrong with your analysis speculation(we are only speculating,are we not?;) )is the very fact that you actually believe all this stage show theatrics of Iran's president rhetorics.

The difference of my speculation and yours speculation is one to say that Iran is either a backward nation(who is not in touch of reality of international relations) or just a downright clever nation-state just like the rest of us,of course their is a gap on technological capability,which does not mean they are unintelligent to play realpolitik.:)

10. Elrohir

Elrohir RELATIONAL VALORIZATION

And then drop a laser-guided bomb on the ones who don't take the bribe. And one on Ahmadinejad, while we're at it.

11. Sh3kel

Sh3kel Emperor

Compared to what the Iranians can field if they really open the floodgates, what's going on in Iraq now is a day in the park.

Too many targets, too far away, and too little planes. I doubt we have the logisitical ability to pull this operation off without massive American support.

12. CurtSibling

Currently, the US airforce is not over-stretched by any degree.

I wonder when Rummy will let the bombers off the leash...?

13. SecretKnowledge

SecretKnowledge Chieftain

A military attack would ultimately be largely futile as this would provoke the construction of secret facilities and probably a withdrawal from the NPT. Risking bringing about the scenario that several states seek to avoid would be the result of an attack.

It is important to realize that of the possible candidates to conduct air strikes most are too weak for this task and would find themselves in yet another failed, non-won situation from which they would be unable to extricate themselves. How would it end; would it even be possible to stop the back and forth attacks after it initiates? Once any air strikes occur there would instantly be various forms of retaliation such as missile attacks. Though the United States is the only country capable of causing much of an effect it is quite doubtful that it would get involved as doing so would cause extremely negative, dangerous, and long lasting effects.

Iranian internal politics will be the most important factor in determining their final position. The more pragmatic leaders are seeking to milk as much as they can from the negotiating states to improve the government's situation and ease domestic problems. The less compromising ones believe that opposition to the nuclear program has been substantially lackluster. Much of the militant speech that has been issued is aimed at concealing domestic changes that have been occurring. They are gambling that public opinion turning against some members of the Security Council will negate increased economic and social problems resulting from the stepping up of diplomatic confrontation. They may eventually decide that cutting a deal is more worthwhile if the costs of not doing so start to harm their position.

14. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    Israel is like a German Rotwiler. It will attack anything that it precives as a threat. So if Iran is close to building the bomb, no doubt that Israel will want to attack Iran like a German Rotwiler.

15. Fifty

Fifty !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the more important question is, would Iran attack Israel, if they were close to the bomb?

16. plarq

plarq Crazy forever

If Iran attack Israel, the bomb will never be completed.;)

17. CruddyLeper

CruddyLeper Unworshipped Deity

Yes, but not this close to a mid term election. Try after the election.

18. Bronx Warlord

Bronx Warlord Squad Leader

If lord help us we fail to stop them when force is used. I hope you all like combat boots.

19. ArneHD

ArneHD Just a little bit mad

With the Mossad lurking around the Middle East, I don't think that Iran will ever complete it's program.

20. CurtSibling

America has had decades to deal with Iran. Don't whine now.

You should have put on your boots back in 1979.