would it be possible to alter the defence strenght of fortifications?

TheDuckOfFlanders

the fish collecter
It was just an idee that i had for my scenario. To put fortifications on every tile of the map(not seeable) and give them a 0% defence strenght. That way ,you have stacked combat everywhere.
but can you five fortifications a 0% defence strenght?

I don't know the name, but I am sure there has been a scenario in which the invisible fortress has been done successfully.

I am not sure if there is a way to directly change the 50% defensive bonus of the fortresses, but you could always reverse the process and make ALL terrain -50% such that the addition of the fortress actually puts the defense stat back to 0.
Hope that helps.

FMK.

Kindal, what would be the difference? Except that all air units would be "grounded." This isn't a rhetorical question.

Exile

well if you put airbases in every square youre fighters will only have 1 movement/turn
so that would be kinda stupid (especcialy if you know that with fortifications fighters are already stacked).besides ,my scenorio is in the middle ages ,so not much planes there

doing it the way field marchal Klesh proposes looks to me as the best sollution so far.But isn't extra defense of fortifications CUMMULATIVE?.

hope somebody know's how to put the defence to 0.

anyway ,thank you Field marchal Klesh for that reply.

A aribase works as a fortress minus the defence bonus plus an extra food (don't ask me why).

So using them as fortresses can be done quite succesfully (they will act as stackable terrain for land units as well as air units, so you can use them even whitout air units.)

Only problem is that an airbase also counts as a road/railroad...

from Hendrik

A aribase works as a fortress minus the defence bonus plus an extra food (don't ask me why).
So using them as fortresses can be done quite succesfully (they will act as stackable terrain for land units as well as air units, so you can use them even whitout air units.)
Only problem is that an airbase also counts as a road/railroad...

I didn't know that units in airbases were stacked.Nore that it couted as road/railroad & gave you extra food.
In that way ,i could use them ,but i would prefer Field M. Klesh sollution. (dont like the road/railroad and extra food thing)

But again ,it would be really stupid to put airbases on every tile of the map if you intend to use air units.(just trust me on this one ok)

From Hendrik:

I guess this isn't going to solve your problem but see this thread for an explanation of the downsides of using fortresses as stackable terrain on every square: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21663

Oh and I realize that air units couldn't be used if one uses the airbase like that I am not stupid

Thank you for the link ,it was useful.
About the city tile (who can't get the fortification defence bennefit) ,i'll just use a special terrain for it.

Now would it be possible to block the pillage
command? (also for the AI?)

And o Hendrik ,i know you're not stupid.
You're a civ player. ( =intellect)

John Petroski's Ansteig scenario has invisible AA guns for the allies that are all over south england(london,portsmouth, and cardiff) and they're really strong and hard to kill. and you can't see them until you run into them. It really sucks cause they'll unload some into france w/o me seeing it and i'll be flying my planes over to england and hit those mofo's and die.
But it can be done.
So there's your answer

------------------
Civilization God of War & Economic Prosperity
http://www.civfanatics.com Staff and forum moderator

Elevators always smell different to midgets

Guess you had a really hard time playing the scenario! Maybe good for a review?

------------------
I know it seem hard sometimes, but uh...
remember one thing:
through every dark night,
there's a bright day after that,
so no matter how hard it get, stick ya chest out
keep ya head up and handle it.

Top Bottom