Would this be a cool nation wonder?

SerriaFox

King
I was thinking how important oil is to the civil economy, and I was thinking you could be able to simulate this with the following national wonder:

National Highway ACT:

Provide happines equal to Oil reserve - 5, note this can provide negative happiness
Prephaps this should be automatical build when you discover combustion?

There is currently no way to implement this. I'm not certain if you can have a building auto-construct upon researching a tech... and since buildings can't produce resources, the only way to simulate this would be to consume an oil resource for each happy.. which probably isn't a good idea, considering how scarce resources are already.

there needs to be some other upside beyond the happyness mechanic, i agree its interesting, but i wouldn't ever build it just for that. maybe if it increased trade route yield by 20% and/or movement on roads by 1.

Should be simple if lua is anything like python. Here it is in Python Psudocode:

Code:
   function onTurn(self, argslist):
   player, numTurn = argslist[]

//Code START//

if player.hasBuilt(gc.getInfoTypeForString("BUILDING_NATIONAL_HIGHWAY")):
      numOil = player.getNumResource(gc.getInfoTypeForString("RESOURCE_OIL"))
      player.changeHappiness(numOil - 3)
//Code END//

I really don't want to use up the oil, just show how much is available for the civilian economy.
A 20% boost to the economy might be enough to make building worth it.

@Voyhkah There's the rub.. no one know any of the variables that affect those things. So it's all just speculation. I 'speculate' this would be an interesting wonder.... hehe

there needs to be some other upside beyond the happyness mechanic, i agree its interesting, but i wouldn't ever build it just for that. maybe if it increased trade route yield by 20% and/or movement on roads by 1.

I agree, after looking at the history of this ACT, this idea would benefit from this idea.

Top Bottom