1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you be interested in reenactors posing for leaderhead sequences in Civ VI?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Sikandar, May 21, 2013.

1. Sikandar

Sikandar Prince

Real people reenacting while speaking native languages is the next logical step I would think. What say you?

2. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

I actually think that would come across as cheesy.

The current leaderheads are so beautifully done that I honestly don't think they could top them. The only 'next step' would be to make the graphics even more incredible and lavish, although I fear this will make the game less accessible to those with lower spec machines.

3. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

Link to video.

Well....

4. mitsho

mitsho Deity

I would like them to stop with the leaderheads (or rather leaderscreens) altoghether. Diplomacy gets so clunky when you have to go from one leader to another that I would like them to stop with it. I'd rather imagine one big "diplomacy room" where you see all other leaders all together or any other systems.

I doubt there will be real actors. I don't really know, but I suppose these will be rather expensive if done right or very cheap looking. So not satisfying in any case...

5. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

No. Live actors in video games kills them for me.

6. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

Bearing in mind that this is a strategy game, not a shooter ;)

When I said they couldn't top them I didn't mean it wouldn't be possible to make them better quality - more that it's difficult to see how they could improve on the concept.

7. ljofa

ljofa Chieftain

Bring Back the Civ 2 High Council!

8. catweazle

catweazle Chieftain

I second that!

9. ldvhl

ldvhl ніщо

Nope. I think having the leaders as they are is problematic for including some civilizations, like the Nazca. A better idea (to me, at least), would be to have ambassadors from each civ that you interact with, and have their outfits change for the era their home civ is in.

10. Naokaukodem

Naokaukodem Millenary King

I think they should change the way we interact with the head of the different factions of the game : we definitely won't meet the grand pope in person for everything. We shouldn't be able to talk to them repetidly as if they were our little pets. And I'm not their pets either, so I would want them to stop to ask me for open borders all the time. The answer is NO, you hear it ? If only open borders would imply more things like more science diffusion, more commerce, cultural diffusion and such, but in the state deciding yes or no for open borders is a no brainer : it's NO, NO, and again NO.

All in all I find leader heads a lot annoying. I dislike them. All what is made out of them is complaining, raging, despising and other unreliable and detestable hints. I think they are useless. If the purpose was to make us think the AI is useless and annoying, it's very well done.

Leader heads never brang me anything. Except in Civ1 maybe, I remember having met Ganghi in the wild, he had his court with him, it was early, and seeing him being so anachronic had something funny.

I don't see why Firaxis wouldn't continue this, OK leaders clothes don't change with time so we can see them anachronic also, but I don't think the effect have been thought out properly, it's just a reflection the developers made about making clothes not changing at best.

I think if developers are attached to leaderheads, they should purposely research an effect of anachronism, the only effect leaders heads had something good in the franchise so far. It have not to be something big, it can be the inspiration of one person only. The problem is that nowadays Civ is a big thing, and it is difficult to coordinate creation, not to say to make it happen only.

Personnally I would totally scrap them. I would introduce a system of trading post where demands are constantly done, and you can check them whenever it pleases you. It can be sometimes, every turns (in this case you should be able to tie those demands to the real-time system of minutes like we have in Civ5) or whenever you think about it. (for example when you lack money, happiness, science, etc.)