1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you buy New Leaders -DLC ?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Haig, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Haig

Haig Warlord

Not sure if this has been asked before, but are you interested in a DLC that would include new leaders for existing civs, let's say 3-5 new ones.

I would LOVE such a DLC, I'm all for new civs, but I think civs like America and China would benefit from another leader.

2. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

I would by it for the sake of diversity as enemies in any case. If I would play as them depends on the persons they choose and if they are interesting to play.

I‘d prefer packs of two leaders + fitting scenario + wonder for $5 to packs with more leaders. Maybe add in a new CS now and then..,

Greek Stud and conorbebe like this.
  3. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I absolutely would buy an alt-leader DLC pack.

4. Synth

Synth Chieftain

Totally! In fact, I feel Civ 6 has been lacking in that sense.

5. Hans Castorp

Hans Castorp Chieftain

Very definitely

Greek Stud likes this.
  6. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

If it were Civ5, I wouldn't do so. But I like this game enough I'd shell out a nominal fee for new leaders.

7. steveg700

steveg700 Chieftain

Sure. Just need the value proposition to be there.

Games have remained at $60 for a long time. Longer than inflation would allow. After some time, I have made peace with DLC being a somewhat sly way to meet customers in the middle.

Roald Amundsen and ferretbacon like this.
  8. UWHabs

UWHabs Warlord

I don't like paying full price for the full civ DLC, but at about half price from what they are now, I'd buy them (ie. about 2.50 per civ seems "fair" to be). Personally, if a new leader brought something exciting, then I'd basically pay the same price for a new leader as I would for a civ.

9. Prima Italia

Prima Italia Chieftain

Definitely. I feel some of civs have terrible leaders and an option to get better leaders would be welcome. This game has gone too far trying to differentiate itself from Civ V on the leader front.

10. Zelda1983

Zelda1983 Chieftain

I would buy a leader DLC Pack.

Greek Stud likes this.
  11. Mr Jon of Cheam

Mr Jon of Cheam Chieftain

Yep, absolutely.

Greek Stud likes this.
  12. evanaurora

evanaurora Chieftain

I'm a sucker who buys all the DLC as I can afford it, so I mean, yes.

It would depend on the leaders chosen whether I'd be excited to buy it, LOL. But in general I think more than 2 civs should be able to take advantage of the multiple leader feature.

I remain skeptical of the possibility of post-expansion DLC in general, but that's a different question, I think.

Greek Stud, bbbt and earlc like this.
  13. ChocolateShake

ChocolateShake Chieftain

Definitely :) I like to role-play most of the time, and the more alt-leaders the better. I'm a little biased towards Egypt, but I think almost all the civs could use alt-leaders. The model @Siptah mentioned would be great, I'd even be willing to pay for 2 leaders for $5.

earlc likes this.
  14. Naktis

Naktis Chieftain

Yes please , I wish some civs would even get 3 leaders , depending on Civ

Greek Stud and TahamiTsunami like this.
  15. Mr Jon of Cheam

Mr Jon of Cheam Chieftain

Quick, someone tell Firaxis, it would be easy work and evidently they would rake it in!

Greek Stud likes this.
  16. Duckfromstatefarm

Duckfromstatefarm Chieftain

Yep, going to buy every single Alt-Leader DLC out there. Going to support Firaxis all the way for Civ 6 regardless of what DLC it is.

Greek Stud likes this.
  17. Ivan Hunger

Ivan Hunger Chieftain

Don't kid yourselves. Alt-leaders don't take less work to make than entirely new civilizations, so Firaxis wouldn't charge less for them. Saying two alt-leaders should cost the same amount as one new civilization is like saying two scoops of ice cream should cost the same as one scoop of ice cream with sprinkles.

SammyKhalifa and ferretbacon like this.
  18. dnoisette

dnoisette Chieftain

Yes, I would buy an alt-leader DLC pack if it included new leaders for the following countries: France, Russia, Spain and England.

19. empresskiova

empresskiova Chieftain

I like the variety. I wasn’t so thrilled about the Indonesia/Khmer pack, but I picked it up anyway. Well, I wasn’t thrilled about the Khmer half of it anyway lol.

I didn’t mind the viking dlc, and I’d like to get one more dlc like that. Probably no more than that however. It added plenty of variety to the background of the game for my $5. New city states and natural wonders are huge, plus the tile improvements from the city states are quite welcome.

20. Ondolindë

Ondolindë Chieftain

I’d buy them, but I must say there are some great mods out there with cool leaders as well.

Greek Stud likes this.