Would you buy New Leaders -DLC ?

I would by it for the sake of diversity as enemies in any case. If I would play as them depends on the persons they choose and if they are interesting to play.

I‘d prefer packs of two leaders + fitting scenario + wonder for $5 to packs with more leaders. Maybe add in a new CS now and then..,

If it were Civ5, I wouldn't do so. But I like this game enough I'd shell out a nominal fee for new leaders.

Sure. Just need the value proposition to be there.

Games have remained at $60 for a long time. Longer than inflation would allow. After some time, I have made peace with DLC being a somewhat sly way to meet customers in the middle.

I don't like paying full price for the full civ DLC, but at about half price from what they are now, I'd buy them (ie. about 2.50 per civ seems "fair" to be). Personally, if a new leader brought something exciting, then I'd basically pay the same price for a new leader as I would for a civ.

Definitely. I feel some of civs have terrible leaders and an option to get better leaders would be welcome. This game has gone too far trying to differentiate itself from Civ V on the leader front.

I'm a sucker who buys all the DLC as I can afford it, so I mean, yes.

It would depend on the leaders chosen whether I'd be excited to buy it, LOL. But in general I think more than 2 civs should be able to take advantage of the multiple leader feature.

I remain skeptical of the possibility of post-expansion DLC in general, but that's a different question, I think.

Definitely :) I like to role-play most of the time, and the more alt-leaders the better. I'm a little biased towards Egypt, but I think almost all the civs could use alt-leaders. The model @Siptah mentioned would be great, I'd even be willing to pay for 2 leaders for $5.

I‘d prefer packs of two leaders + fitting scenario + wonder for $5 to packs with more leaders. Maybe add in a new CS now and then..,
The model @Siptah mentioned would be great, I'd even be willing to pay for 2 leaders for $5.

Don't kid yourselves. Alt-leaders don't take less work to make than entirely new civilizations, so Firaxis wouldn't charge less for them. Saying two alt-leaders should cost the same amount as one new civilization is like saying two scoops of ice cream should cost the same as one scoop of ice cream with sprinkles.

I like the variety. I wasn’t so thrilled about the Indonesia/Khmer pack, but I picked it up anyway. Well, I wasn’t thrilled about the Khmer half of it anyway lol.

I didn’t mind the viking dlc, and I’d like to get one more dlc like that. Probably no more than that however. It added plenty of variety to the background of the game for my $5. New city states and natural wonders are huge, plus the tile improvements from the city states are quite welcome.

Top Bottom