1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you buy New Leaders -DLC ?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Haig, Dec 27, 2017.

1. PhilBowles

PhilBowles Warlord

It would really depend what else was in the DLC. Civ VI has been doing better with the content of its civ DLCs than Civ V - most have a Wonder, a Natural Wonder, or unique city-states in addition to the civ+scenario.

A leader pack would in essence be a scenario pack with a minor perk, as a leaderscreen and a civ UA minus uniques aren't really worth buying to be on its own. I do like picking up civ packs for diversity, but from what we've seen with Gorgo and now Chandragupta alternate leaders appear to add very little as AI opponents (notwithstanding that AIs in Civ 6 all play the same way anyway).

2. Lee Duane Fitzsimmons

Lee Duane Fitzsimmons Full-time Cat Lover Supporter

Yes, but only if they are fully animated. That means they have the ability to speak.

I was hoping some of the latest upgrades would have added this feature to the existing leaders because it adds SO much to the game.

This is a feature that I would gladly pay for. [pimp][pimp][pimp][pimp][pimp][pimp]

3. Onii-chan

Onii-chan Chieftain

Assuming it's not unreasonably expensive, sure

4. Lee Duane Fitzsimmons

The great thing about the Civ games, the upgrades, and the other stuff, is that everything is reasonably priced.

Does anyone here remember the Civ III edition that came in the big ol' metal box.

Yup.

Bought it. $49.95 and I was the happiest man in the whole wide world... :dance::dance::dance:

They could come out with a little sticker and sell it for $79.95

Yup.

I'd buy it. Yes, I am that big a nut when it comes to Civ...:hammer2:

If they charged an outrageous amount, I'd still buy....

WHY?

Because I'm CRAZY like that... :spank::groucho:

Thormodr and comatosedragon like this.
  5. Leathaface

Leathaface Warlord

I'd buy new leaders no doubt.

6. Sherlock

Sherlock Just one more turn...

Definitely not. This is way below the bar for 'amount of content necessary to get more money from me'.

7. comatosedragon

comatosedragon Chieftain

Absolutely. What am i going to do? Line my coffin with dollar bills?

8. Lee Duane Fitzsimmons

I hear ya, bro...

When any of us finds something that makes life so very beautiful, it would seem foolish NOT to buy it right away...:clap::dance::eekdance:

comatosedragon likes this.
  9. Brianstorm

Brianstorm Chieftain

Yes big time, I don't even see the point of having Leader traits if only two civs actually get multiple leaders. I'd much much rather new leaders than forcing in more Civs when we get past this expansion.

comatosedragon likes this.
  10. Greywulf

Greywulf Chieftain

Depends on how expensive it is, and which leader it is ~ if it was someone like Mao Zedong, or Adolf Hitler, then I would refuse to buy it or even download it for free.

11. Neia

Neia Chieftain

Yes I would. Meeting new faces is a big part of buying new DLCs for me. I would most likely buy a two-leader pack for 5€ with some extra content like new ressources, new natural wonders or new city states. I'm not interested in map scripts or scenarios though.