Would you like to be famous?

Would you like to be famous?

• Total voters

Mirc

Not mIRC!!!
Inspired from the minor cosmetic surgery thread. It seems the options are very divided among the members here, on this subject. The question in the title speaks for itself.

Would you like to become famous or would you rather stay in anonymity? Which one of those options appeals to you more? And why?

I would do anything to be famous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not really, I couldn't stand the paparazzi, nor would I approve of them taking pictures of my family.

Depends what makes me famous. If I do some awesome stuff, that generates recognition, then sure I would like to be famous. If I, on the other hand, accidently craps in my pants while a camera accidently films me in the 7 o'clock news, and I become known as the guy who craps himself in his pants, then I wouldn't want to be famous*.

There are more important stuff in life than being famous though, being powerfull is much more fulfilling! :evil:

*Please note that that this is hypothetical, I don't actually crap in my pants.

I am famous.

I lol'd. In my long break from CFC perfection is probably the only poster I remembered, just because of the insane amount of posts he makes probably.

But no I wouldnt want to be famous, it comes with too many strings attached and I like my life the way it is.

I would like to be famous on the internet. I would also like to be locally famous. Other than that, no.

I would like to be famous on the internet. I would also like to be locally famous. Other than that, no.

nice!....i was thinking the same thing! Maybe later on once I get my degree for Broadcasting I would like to be more famous...but I would be happy to be locally famous!!

What the hell, man. I dunno. :p

If my being famous also meant I was rich, then yes. If i'm famous for being a mass murderer then no.

I'd like to be famous as in "everyone knows your name and admires you," like Wayne Gretzky or John Fruscianate. I don't want to be famous as in "everyone thinks you're a freak and invades your privacy," like Paris Hilton or Tom Cruise.

There's no such thing as privacy.

There's a difference between the government watching you without your knowledge and without affecting you in any way, and photographers in your face watching you take a leak so that they can publish it for millions of Americans to read.

EDIT: The word is "leak" :mischief:

Moderator Action: If the word really is "leak", then it wouldn't trip the autocensor. And seeing as you edited-in 'leak', without changing the auto-censor corrected word, then this shows intent.

Watch your language.

Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

I wouldn't mind having accomplished something that tends to bring fame, making some discovery or what have you, but my answer to "Famous y/n" is definitely no thanks. I don't want people that I don't know about knowing about me. That's creepy.

Top Bottom