1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Would You Like to Help Out?

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game III: RPG' started by Strider, Sep 12, 2003.

1. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

If you would like to help out with the RPG... post it here...

You won't have any certain job... just pretty much... I'll tell you what I want you to do.

Current "Helpers":
    1. CivGeneral
    2. Donovan Zoi
    3. Bootstoots
    4. Great Iguaman
    5. Stuck_as_a_Mac
      [/list=1]

2. Bootstoots

Bootstoots Deity Retired Moderator

I'll help out if you need it. :)

3. ExcellentLizard

ExcellentLizard DL

once i get my other account, The Great Iguanaman, back up and running, count me in! If i cant get the password back then this newb login will help.

The views and opinions expressed here represent those of The Great Iguanaman.

4. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Stuck_as_a_Mac Aptenodytes forsteri

I am the techincal head of this thing... Lemme help
    and @Lizard: that last line should be your sig.. seems funny

5. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

Welcome back ;).... I hope you remember me ;)

6. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

Also, I expect anyone who voulanteer's to help out to be moderatly active in the Idea's thread.

7. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

Ok... Here's what were going to need to get this started:

First off... We need a nice.. basic starting ruleset to build off of. Hopefully we can form one of those within a week or two.

Second, we need to clearly define our leadership.... am I right in saying that I'm in charge?

Thirdly, we need to start the organization process.... how are we going to set this up on the forums?

Here's what I'm going to need from you guys right now:

Donovan: Try to figure out the simplest way to set this up on the forums... It will prolly take a good amount of imaganation, but we need to have all the major threads easily accessible... but we can not sticky 5-6 threads... It makes the forum look messy and confuse's things even more. (You could prolly use this forum to test everything out... make acouple of "fake" (closed) threads name them things like "RPG Management" and Try to find out about how many sticky threads we can have without taking up to much of the "top" space.)

Stuck: Try to think of the easiest way possible to run a bank. The bank in the first RPG was very hard to manage... and we want the one in this game to be as simple as possible. I'm considering talking to Fionn and seeing if he can set up a kind of "fully-automated" bank as was suggested in the first RPG idea thread, but that'll be alot of html hard-coding...

CivGeneral, Boots, and IG Nothing major for you three right now, but I want you guys to go through the old rulesets and the archieved RPG forum.... Try to find any good (and prolly forgotten) idea's that you can.

8. Great Iguanaman

Great Iguanaman Stuck in Limbo

Thanks for my new assignment, just wanted to post that The Great Iguanaman is back!

9. Stuck_as_a_Mac

@Strider: the fully automated bank was my idea. If it works, it should mean no paperwork whatsoever on the part of the players. Just some codes so no one goes in and empties anyone elses bank account (if they did, they'd have a Boot to listen to)

I'll see what Fionn can do. This WILL need a database, just a forewarning.

10. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

Yup, that's what I'm trying to think figure out.. the database.

Also, I am NOT asking you to run the bank when it appears in the RPG... I'm just using your experience with the "banking industry" to find the easiest way to do this.

11. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

DZ... I've got a question for you....

I think alot of people are use to NOT checking the RPG... any chance that you can post an annoucement throughout the Demogame to point out our efforts?

Also, maybe before the game is launched... we could post an article on the main page. That would hopefully bring a good number of people to it also.

12. Stuck_as_a_Mac

No dice with Fionn and a db. As I knew earlier (from last time I asked him about a DB), he cant do databases. Unfortunatly, the two people who could are gone now. Shai is gone and CT is off Betaing and Modding et all.

Anyone wanna extend invites? (other then me)

13. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

I don't think were going to be able to fully-automate everything.

Maybe it would be better to have several differant banks and split the job between 3 or 4 differant people. This would make it ALOT more easier to manage.

14. Great Iguanaman

Im with strider on this one (i do remember you btw). I will even volunteer as one of the bank managers. Im currently leanring html as im going into business at being a webmaster, like spiderman. After about a month or two i will probably be able to automate, or at least make it easier, for us to do bnanking, but for now i say we go with strider.

15. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    I havve MS Exel on my Laptop computer. Possibly I can do the baking on there and do that on my spare time.

16. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

Good.... I could prolly do some of the banking also.... Split between 3 people it should be pretty easy to manage.

17. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    @Strider - If we can get the list of names of the RPG partisipants. We can divide the # of people by 3 and pass them to 3 sub-Bank Managers.

I would like to voluntere for the Baking stuff. But I would need to learn how to combine, Oh wait, there is such thing as Copy-Paste :crasyeye:. I can combine the 2 Excel Sheets into my Excel Bank sheet to make one generalized Bank sheet. Though this Idea is in the work.

This means I would need to meet with Strider and GI, to best do this in an efficent maner :).

• list of Bank Volunteres
    • CivGeneral
    • Strider
    • Gret Iguanaman

I BTW, have self voluntered for this spot :). I also have Banking skills mainly from ballancing my Check Book which is not realy hard ;).

18. Great Iguanaman

My names Great Iguanaman, not gret, lol. I dont have excel, but i could do it on somthing else, or download a demo somewhere. Ill work on that. Where do you want to meet? New Thread?

19. Sir John

Sir John The evil one...

Sure Ill help. I love the rpg and I think its bad that it died out.. So if u need any help Im here :)

20. Great Iguanaman

FYI, the bank thread has been opened, but mainly for the purpose of throwing around ideas.

@ sir john, one thing that would help is adding something about the rpg in your sig. Thanks!