would you like to see blood and gore in combat?

Would you like to see blood effects added to combat in FfH?

• Yes, FfH is dark fantasy and bloody combat adhances the atmosphere

Votes: 158 68.4%
  • No, I am too young / I dont think it is necessary / I faint when seeing blood

Votes: 73 31.6%

• Total voters
I don´t like blood in the game. Maybe it is possible to make that graphical issue optional, so that each player can decide for himself, which way he want´s do see the units die.

It is mostly implemented now, we will also provide a zip in the bug thread, which when extracted will simply make the blood invisible and combat will be like it has been...
So.
give us feedback when the next patch is out, where are the effects missing, what is the overall effect on atmosphere, is it really as bad as you thought, where is waldo, etc. etc.

thats easy. Waldo's in Paris.

I like pie...oh wait, this is not a poll.

Oh well...I still like pie.

I find it werid that Skeletons splatter blood in combat... :crazyeye:

I find it werid that Skeletons splatter blood in combat... :crazyeye:

well, that is fine adjustment, skeletons, demons, etc. will have to be linked to old versions of the .kf files.
I am sure there are as well some living units which dont splatter yet, because their animation isnt linked yet.
please post something like this in the cosmetic thread. cheers.

Voted no, the idea is unattractive to me. It's not a huge issue, though, as I'll just switch on the quick combat option.

I just played my first game with this new feature. It is nicely done and yet not overdone. Like the above poster pointed out: skeletons and other nonliving units splatter blood which seems strange. Some of the creatures should probably have different (green for zombies and drown?) colored splatter effects.

Nice job.

Cheers,
Mesix

I just played my first game with this new feature. It is nicely done and yet not overdone. Like the above poster pointed out: skeletons and other nonliving units splatter blood which seems strange. Some of the creatures should probably have different (green for zombies and drown?) colored splatter effects.

Nice job.

Cheers,
Mesix

:(

I was afraid of that.
Bleeding skeletons and golems are going to bug me eternally. Is there any way to make it only apply to living units ?

I agree with the skeletons etc part, but undead like Drown, zombies etc should still have red blood. Their bodies are still humanoid after all and were once alive. And to get green blood you would have to have a copper-based blood instead of the iron-based, which I don't see why Drown etc would have.

I dont get why people react so strongly about this really. Its blood. Check under your skin and you'll find some. The most natural thing there is. If you get hurt, you bleed. Nice effect. I like it.

Despite having read this thread it caught me a little by surprise last night when I first saw it in action! I think it does add something, although I'm wondering if the colour is a little too bright a red - I was expecting the "whole" to be a little closer to claret

Blood and bodies left behind...maybe expand that last cosmetic detail into something useful for necromancy or what have you...but we ca start with more blood, that'll be fine :goodjob:

Civ is a high level strategy game. One of the appeals of it is that there is no blood, gore, or excessive violence. I vote no because it is most unnecessary, even if the team had nothing else to do.

If implemented I hope it is an option.

One of the appeals of it is that there is no blood, gore, or excessive violence.

Huh? I never saw blood and gore as appealing, but neither did I consider lack of it.

I started a game today just to check up what's the deal with that blood, and I found it as a nice effect. Not too intensive and pushy, just as a extra graphic candy. SeZ made another brilliant job, just as good as his unit models. On the big picture, blood effect makes FfH seem a step closer to dark fantasy.

I don't think this thread was needed. Effect is nice, FfH is not for those looking for unicorns anyway, and instead of getting well deserved praises for SeZ work he is getting comments about people turning off animations.

On the other side, I can not even imagine any one of my friends ever complaining about little blood in strategy game. It's so small and trivial effect that I'd seriously question my friends health if some complained.

and instead of getting well deserved praises for SeZ work he is getting comments about people turning off animations.

That's a bad attitude. I don't mind the blood but those who do shouldn't keep their mouths shut. If you have a problem with a new feature or tweak you should step up and say something about it. The fact that we're here, on this forum, actively posting, is in and of itself big praise and a testament to the fact that we like the mod, but it can always be better and people need to voice their complaints for this to happen.

If a game designer implements a feature the playerbase ends up not liking, he needs to be chewed out for it, not falsely given the idea that it worked out just fine. If he's not a petulant baby (and Kael and SeZereth aren't - they've proven they can be big, realize some parts of FfH are failed experiments and cut them), he will come to the same conclusion as me about his forum regulars even being there, not take the criticism personally, and instead take a harder look at the feature.

And SeZ would get those comments with or without this thread. If he didn't make a thread about the gore sprays someone else would have and it would have gone much like this one.

Top Bottom