would you like to see blood and gore in combat?

Would you like to see blood effects added to combat in FfH?

• Yes, FfH is dark fantasy and bloody combat adhances the atmosphere

Votes: 158 68.4%
  • No, I am too young / I dont think it is necessary / I faint when seeing blood

Votes: 73 31.6%

• Total voters

seZereth

FfH´s art monk(ey)
The first post in the Art Team Blog has a Zip attached, which will deactivate the Blood in Combat.

cheers.

Voted 'yes'...as long as it can be done well, and is race-dependent (Golems/Undead don't bleed, for example, and certain others might have nonred blood depending on lore).

Wait, I voted "no" because I thought that this was unnecessary work for the team... but on the part of seZereth it's a clear YES!

I voted no, I usually dislike seeing blood in games I play, aside from thinking there's more important things you guys want to work on, but if you really want to, go for it, even though I don't really want you to
EDIT: WOuld there be a toggle? Or would that be a waste of time? I'm not really sure

I voted No, because in this type of strategy games these effects are not realistic. If there was a tactical combat simulation, though, I would have voted yes.

voted yes!
I would also vote yes for the option to chop off heads! :splat:
And surely I would vote yes for Fallout I like death anymations.

Anyways, what kind of blood are we talking here? Little specks that fly around when you hit something, or Diablo blood?

EDIT: I see its planned to be in patch U, guess I just won't be able to patch further

I don't really care, and think that there are probably much better uses of the team's time.

YEAH! BLOOD! And more BOOBS, please! (heavy metal guitars would be awesome too)

How about a heavy metal civ that would convert enemy female units with awe-inspireing solos?

EDIT: WOuld there be a toggle? Or would that be a waste of time? I'm not really sure

As a majority seem in favour of the feature (including the team?), but a significant minority aren't, a graphics toggle doesn't seem out of the question.

Then everyone's happy. :)

EDIT: and apparently a BOOBS toggle, too. democracy in action?

Yes, but it should be a player option (or graphics option if possible). If at all possible that is.

@ Monkeyfinger:

Patch 0.40u (unreleased)
1. Civ specific unit art will now be used for upgrade buttons.
2. New Govannon model by seZereth.
3. Mistform is now an elemental.
4. Immortality will not save an angel sacrificed on the Pyre of the Seraphic.
5. Mulcarn Reborn: Auric can't create 2 Drifas.
6. New blood splatter combat effects by seZereth.
7. Included Alex's OOS fix: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=310116
8. Fixed an issue that could cause the random good/neutral/evil leaders to spawn as colony leaders.
9. Fixed the Counterfeit event (so that it correctly reqs Runes to pick the 3rd option).
10. Fixed an issue that prevented a city from ever having a negative production modifier (such as a new city under pacifism).

The OP being seZereth could have been a clue...?

I saw that. My interpretation was "this is planned, not finished, and seZereth is asking for feedback whether he should go through with it."

Answer's no.

No, if it means additional work, yes if you planed it from the beginning. I do not think it is necessary at all.

Top Bottom