Would you play GOTM in one session

• Yes

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Yes, if my spouse would not divorce me

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • No

Votes: 22 56.4%

• Total voters
A just for fun poll. If it was required, would you play GOTM in one continuous session. Assume that leaving you computer on while you are away is not an option.

Definitely! I'd love to play smaller, quicker games, that can be completed in just an evening of play. :)

I guess 4-5 hours would be the maximum, although 2-3 is preferrable. But that only works if there are, say, 5 cities max per civ.

I did play the current warlord level GOTM in one session, but most games I'd have no chance of completing in a single session.

I'd love to try, and the higher level games ARE one sitting events :)

But BTS has lots of features to extend that end game, so I'd prolly only vote, if I could, for Vanilla and Warlords games being one sitting events.

How long do multiplayer online games go for? are they one sitting events?

Probably not, as part of the fun for me in a GOTM is thinking a lot more about each step I take, so it will take a lot longer already than a 'normal' game.

...and it's not the spouse divorcing that I'm so worried about, it's the :sleep: that us human beings need that bothers me.

No can do. Years ago, I played several Civ II's in single sessions. Nowadays, I just don't have the time.

I agree with what he said! :agree:

I like spending the time to try to make good decisions during the Games of the Month. This means I always spread my games out over multiple sessions.

But...

...a speed game every now and then would be fun. Like the next time we get a small map, maybe we can run a side challenge to see who can get the highest score in under 2 hours and in one play session!

Would I?

I already have...many times! :D
Just line up another Diety game and I can easily "play" that in one sitting!

Top Bottom