Would you play in a high-stakes CBP tournament?

skitter

Chieftain
I was thinking how cool it would be to play a serious multiplayer game in the CBP, with good players that have a strong incentive to finish. So...

Are you amazing at civ? Would like to crush some scrubs? Are you willing to bet 100-200$ to prove your worth (and potentially win some money)?

If so, post ITT. If there is sufficient interest, we can start discussing the specific rules, such as the draft rules, the map type and speed, judges and escrows, prize pool distribution, et cetera.

I have some RL experience in organizing big events, and I think all of us can trust G/ilteroi with our money, since they are obviously not into working on the project for the money.

First of all, no thanks, I don't find multiplayer very interesting and way too cheesable to actually bet money on.
Second, are you crazy or something? 100-200$? That's like a fortune.

Who in the heaven's name actually agrees to participate in this? 100-200$? This is not League of Legends. You can literally buy 2-4 Fallout 4's with that sum.

Who in the heaven's name actually agrees to participate in this? 100-200$? This is not League of Legends. You can literally buy 2-4 Fallout 4's with that sum.

I could almost upgrade my computer enough to actually play fallout 4 with that sum :D

But speaking of money, there should be a way to donate to the whole CP team. I think we can raise at least something to thank them.

But speaking of money, there should be a way to donate to the whole CP team. I think we can raise at least something to thank them.

G already said that if you wanted to donate you should give money to <enter whatever charity he mentioned>

:thumbsup:

I love the initiative, but monetary gifts related to the CP should be directed towards charities like Child's Play, Extra Life, or any other charity of choice. If someone would like to organize a fundraiser for charity, I absolutely support it, and will do whatever I can to help. If you want to do it in honor of the CP, all the better.

I respect mod authors who ask for personal donations, however that's not the CP's style.

Personal veneration and animal sacrifice are more my thing, anyways.

G

Heh, I always donate to The Yogscast on their Christmas streams when they usually play Civ V (all donated money going to the charity). Will donate next Christmas as well and suggest them to try your mod live. :) I'm sure the community will grow tremendously if they agree.

I was thinking how cool it would be to play a serious multiplayer game in the CBP, with good players that have a strong incentive to finish. So...

Are you amazing at civ? Would like to crush some scrubs? Are you willing to bet 100-200$ to prove your worth (and potentially win some money)?

If so, post ITT. If there is sufficient interest, we can start discussing the specific rules, such as the draft rules, the map type and speed, judges and escrows, prize pool distribution, et cetera.

I have some RL experience in organizing big events, and I think all of us can trust G/ilteroi with our money, since they are obviously not into working on the project for the money.

Competitive civ will probably use vanilla rules on a set map for the sake of stability. Ask the larger fora above us.

Top Bottom