Would you restart if...

City Builder

Complicated Complication
Hey,

I'm just curious if you would restart the game if...

You discover that on the Marathon speed, Prince Level, Huge earth map, you are the only civilization on the entire continent of S. America (looks like brazil type of area), and there are only 3 or 4 city states with you but no other Civ AI's?

I personally normally take what I am dealt unless is really leaves me severely handicapped in some way, but I'm not sure what to expect from Civ 5 when there are 11 AI Civs in the game and none of them are on the same continent that my civ is on. I'm guess for a very slow drawn out affair of building up cities and troops with little to no interaction with anybody else in the game until such a time as I can send units out to explore other continents and find out where I stand with them at that point, which I might be severly behind them (or could be ahead of them since I'd not have any AI bothering with me until we can move around the continents), in wich case that's a whole lot of end turn pushing to find that I'm behind the curve severely I suppose.

Civ V you are not HUGELY benefited from having other Civs with you. You can easily make do with your own trade routes and city states helping you out. Also, all it takes is optics before you can get out of South America, and that really isn't that far away.
In fact, since there is no worry of attack you can really cut back on the military, so you technically have an advantage.

Given the state of Diplomacy, the lack of civs just means that you have to build your own settlers.
I'd actually consider restarting because such a start would be too beneficial.

I only restart if I'm at the polar caps and the only way out is a narrow path of doom... A couple hex if not single hex wide hill path...

The game is not made for "catch up" wins on anything king and above... The game's also so lopsided right now when the aggressive civ can steam roll other civs, if you're not there to baby sit them, you can kiss your game good bye...

Top Bottom