1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you stay or flee?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Tank_Guy#3, Mar 30, 2006.

?

Stay for the Draft or Flee?

1. I'm ready to kick a$$, I'm staying.

61.2%
  2. No way, I'm outa here.

38.8%
  1. Tank_Guy#3

Tank_Guy#3 Lion of Lehistan

If the draft was reinstated in your country, would you stay and fight or would you flee to a neighboring country?

2. Sidhe

Sidhe Chieftain

If it was to go fight in the gulf I'd flee as I can't say I think we need to be there much longer, leave it to the US I say, if it was world war II over again then I'd fight.

3. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Depends on the nature of the war i guess, but pretty much the same as what sidhe said.

4. CenturionV

CenturionV Warrior Forever

Stay and kick butt man, Come on you apes! You wanna live forever!!?? :p :nuke:

5. ComradeDavo

ComradeDavo Formerly God

I'd be outta here like a shot. Or more likely jailed for protesting.

6. Rambuchan

Rambuchan The Funky President

"It is debasing human dignity to force men to give up their life, or to inflict death against their will, or without conviction as to the justice of their action."

~ Albert Einstein, Mahatma Gandhi, et al, in the "Manifesto Against Conscription and the Military System."

Great to see that wiki has an entry on being a 'conscientious objector', it's improving a lot!

The poll options do not account for this, so I would flee. But I have not voted.

7. downtown

downtown Crafternoon Delight

No point in me leaving. I wouldnt pass the physical

8. Masquerouge

Masquerouge Chieftain

War is soooo last millenium.

9. The Last Conformist

The Last Conformist Irresistibly Attractive

Reinstate the draft? As if it was abolished in the first place ...

10. Tank_Guy#3

Tank_Guy#3 Lion of Lehistan

Well I can't either, but I'd still stay.

11. CenturionV

CenturionV Warrior Forever

I actually agree on that, its somewhat foolish to bother with individuals who are not warriors, and never will be, they should be drafted into factories or non-combat professions, warriors need to be a special killer breed, the kind of men who's greatest prupose, ONLY prupose is destruction, who are willing to die soaked in the blood and flesh of there enemies and knee deep in piles of bodies. If you wouldn't be willing to kill your enemy, with a ranged weapon, up close, even choke him to death with your bare hands, to do horrible horrible inhuman things for your country, your probably just a liability in combat, you'll get scared and hide, you'll run, or you'll fight fine but hurt moral, stay home and make bullets or tanks or something..... leave the fighting to the real killers.....

12. jamiethearcher

jamiethearcher President of Canmerica!

I would stay, but if it honestly came to a point where we needed a draft, I would likley enlist.

13. JohnRM

JohnRM Don't make me destroy you

I'd fight the US Gov't.

14. IglooDude

IglooDude Enforcing Rule 34 Retired Moderator

Assuming that I was of an age that was being drafted, the question is moot - I'd already have signed up.

15. PriestOfDiscord

PriestOfDiscord (Not MobBoss)

I wouldn't flee the country, I'd riot in the streets or hole myself up with my weapons.

16. anarres

anarres anarchist revolutionary

I'd have to run, I can't think of any plausable scenario in which the UK would be under actual threat from another nation, barring WW3 (at which point we are all dead anyway).

17. Reno

Reno The Studio Ghibli Fanatic

Considering that we still have draft here, i don't see any bad in it being reinstituted over in the US & UK.

It's not such a bad thing as you people might say. :p

Exactly.

18. Heretic_Cata

Heretic_Cata We're gonna live forever

Well on my psychological test before drafting (the mandatory one at 18 years - at that time military service was still mandatory), the examiner gave me a "are you sane" look, and asked me : "Are you in a depression ?" I said "No, i am always like this." And she wrote on that paper that i have neurotic to psychotic tendencies ... (the test said we should answer the questions honestly - so i did :p).

Anyway to answer the question, i would stay. 2 large reasons

1) Because i am sure my stamina would fail during training and when that runs out, i get a feeling of "not enough blood to the brain" and then wierd colours appear in my eyes, after which i only have peripheral-wierd coloured vision (the center would be a foggy gray spot). And not to mention that i tend to get the "i can't breath" state preety often before i go to bed, and of course when i run out of stamina.
    These i have experienced ... but if i would have went on i probably would have blacked out shortly (vision was almost black anyways)

2) Because sooner or later my gall bladder would start to act up like it always does when under a LOT of stress, and with the crap they would feed me there ...
    So anyway, when it does i will no longer try not to puke (like i usualy do) instead i would puke on the drill instructor and then simulate a blackout and with the gall blader causing extenisve muscle twitching (like it always does) it would look preety life-threatening. I would do this because: a) the drill instructor can't punish me if i am out cold ; b) fainting after vomiting is an EXTREMELY dangerous situation since i could swallow my toungue or drown in my own vomit, so i would be taken to the hospital IMEDIATLY, and thus escaping for a while. And at the hospital the doctors will have to spend quite some time with testing me with everything since they already did that and didn't know for sure what i had.

So, in conclusion, these will either get me a computer job in the army or have some other less rigorous thing.
    It would hurt me a LOT, but i don't like running away like a coward :p, it is better to be devious and masochistic then a coward IMO. :smug:

19. amadeus

amadeus めっちゃしんどい

I'd pass the physical, but get rejected anyway.

20. ybbor

ybbor Will not change his avata

if my country would ever take me in it's military, we're in such bad shape that it would be very hard to refuse ;)

in all seriousness, sure if I'm drafted I'd be happy to serve as a file clerk somewhere. With my physical ability, I wouldn't imagine my lot would be too bad