Would you stay or flee?

Stay for the Draft or Flee?

• Total voters
Sidhe said:
Iran doesn't have nukes, good lord how many times do we have to say this, it doesn't have ICBM's or tac nukes, it's longest missile range is about 450 miles, It could just about hit Bagdhad or India and these are scud type missiles, we all know how accurate they are, you guys are paranoid, the only way it could gain the missile technology is from North Korea and they wouldn't give them it.

We are talking "hypothetically" here Sidhe...its a "what if" scenario where a draft might be necessary.

MobBoss said:
We are talking "hypothetically" here Sidhe...its a "what if" scenario where a draft might be necessary.

OK but I don't see why the draft would be necessary if China threatened Iran, that's abit of an OT theme, unless of course you are from China :)

Tank_Guy#3 said:
And lucky the Germans didn't pick up on this or couldn't act on it at that time, otherwise they could've marched easily on Paris.

@Sidhe: you don't have to be accurate with nukes, you just get them in the general area and they'll do the rest.

True but they do need to be able to travel more than 450 miles to hit a non arabic target, there in lies the rub.

Sidhe said:
True but they do need to be able to travel more than 450 miles to hit a non arabic target, there in lies the rub.

Actually incorrect. Iranians are non-arabic themselves....they are descended from Persians...so there are plenty of non-arabic targets REALLY close.:lol:

I voted yes, but I am not happy about it.

There was far too little information with regards to the context. Why is the draft being instated?

Because of which enemy is it being instated?

If it was a foreign invasion, only one country is in a position to do that to mine, and it is also our only neighbour. Fleeing to this neighbouring country in a time of mutual hostility sounds unwise to me.

MobBoss said:
Actually incorrect. Iranians are non-arabic themselves....they are descended from Persians...so there are plenty of non-arabic targets REALLY close.:lol:

That's innacurate actually only 35.7% of the population are of Persian descent. The rest are of various descents the majority being made up of Arab Islamic groups, and even some christian ones apparently.

anyway I meant non islamic countries it was a mistype.

Sidhe said:
OK but I don't see why the draft would be necessary if China threatened Iran, that's abit of an OT theme, unless of course you are from China :)

Uh...the "what if" scenario wasnt China vs Iran...but rather China vs Taiwan/USA.:crazyeye:

MobBoss said:
Wrong again: From the CIA Factbook: Ethnic groups:
Persian 51%, Azeri 24%, Gilaki and Mazandarani 8%, Kurd 7%, Arab 3%, Lur 2%, Baloch 2%, Turkmen 2%, other 1%

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/ir.html

Hmmm. Arab 3%.

Care to try again?:D

You really are quite patronising I said what I meant now either shut up or f off please. Or do you want to debate what Islamic means? I don't mind when people dcorrect mistakes(hell I'm more human than most) but if they are going to ignore what you say and keep posting stuff then I'm going to ignore them. I find nothing more intolerable than arrogance it demeans the person not the one who is being demeaned.

Sidhe said:
You really are quite patronising I said what I meant now either shut up or f off please. Or do you want to debate what Islamic means?

Earlier you said Arabic...not Islamic. Changing the debate are we? Ah. I see now...you edited in where you say you mistyped it. Of course Iran is an Islamic state....just not an Arabic one.

Hmmm, gee...now who cant admit when they were wrong? Being a little hypocritical arent we?

I claim Iran is Persian and I back it up with proof. You dont like it and tell me to shut up or f off.

If being patronizing is proving you wrong.....then oh well...deal with it.

I'd leave Belgium because as a Flemish seperatist, I will never swear honnor to the flag, the country or the monarchy.
If it was an important world war kinda thing, I'd probably move to the US and enlist there though, but I just wouldn't ever enlist in the Belgian army (not that it's any use with an average soldier's age of 40 here ...)

MobBoss said:
Earlier you said Arabic...not Islamic. Changing the debate are we?

Hmmm, gee...now who cant admit when they were wrong. Being a little hypocritical arent we?

I claim Iran is Persian and I back it up with proof. You dont like it and tell me to shut up or f off.

If being patronizing is proving you wrong.....then oh well...deal with it.

Sidhe said:
That's innacurate actually only 35.7% of the population are of Persian descent. The rest are of various descents the majority being made up of Arab Islamic groups, and even some christian ones apparently.

anyway I meant non islamic countries it was a mistype.

Which part of the it was a mistype is not acknowledging I made a mistake, kindly read the thread and think before you post, I'm not sure what point your trying to make but it's very saddening you have to abuse people after they admit an error, it's a character flaw IMO.

I made a mistake you corrected me even after I changed my statement to mean Islamics, that is patronizing in a nutshell. I didn't mind when you corrected that what I then minded was when I acknowledged this and said I meant Islamics and you said I was wrong again and gave me some more crap, if you take so much pleassure in the mistakes of others then good on you, I however find it childish, grow up.

MobBoss said:
Sorry, but I greatly disagree on a few of your premises.

Japan and South Korea would need our help in defeating the North Koreans. Every military exercise I have participated in regarding those scenarios indicates this.

If China declared a conventional war to annex Taiwan, we wouldnt use nukes in a first strike capability. So I disagree there would be over 1 billion Chinese casualties in the first few hours.
To be completely blunt, North Korea is a freaking mess. They are armed with WW2 and early cold war surplus weaponry, their population is half starved and doesn't riot only because they don't have the energy to, and even their only official Communist ally doesn't want to have anything to do with them. The only thing they have going for them is a nuclear arsenal they may or may not even have. As much as it pains me to paraphrase anyone from the Bush Administration, if the DPRK declared war on their brothers in the south, those S. Koreans would be greeted as liberators as soon as they crossed the DMZ. I'm not saying we shouldn't help them if Uncle Kim does go crazy, I'm just saying they won't need more than what we already have in the Pacific Theater.

As for China, we might not immediately use nukes, but a war with them wouldn't stay conventional for long.

Sidhe said:
I made a mistake you corrected me even after I changed my statement to mean Islamics, that is patronizing in a nutshell.

Actually, you edited your statement to say Islamic even after I had replied a couple of times. Nice try.

I didn't mind when you corrected that what I then minded was when I acknowledged this and said I meant Islamics and you said I was wrong again and gave me some more crap, if you take so much pleassure in the mistakes of others then good on you, I however find it childish, grow up.

Once again, you edited it after all that. If your debate tactics hinge upon editing text to make you look better then thats pretty weak and frankly VERY childish. All you had to do was just say "yeah your right, I was wrong" as opposed to telling me to shut it and f off and it would be done.

You brought the flames...not me...if you cant handle it feel free to not reply.

MobBoss said:
Actually, you edited your statement to say Islamic even after I had replied a couple of times. Nice try.

Once again, you edited it after all that. If your debate tactics hinge upon editing text to make you look better then thats pretty weak and frankly VERY childish. All you had to do was just say "yeah your right, I was wrong" as opposed to telling me to shut it and f off and it would be done.

You brought the flames...not me...if you cant handle it feel free to not reply.

No I typed it out and then realised I'd missed the point I was trying to make at which point you lept on it, and it was too late both times, I had googled a website that was innacurate and then when I tried to correct my error you were there, *****ing like an infant. your just a big child. Go **** with someone who cares.

If you get your kicks from demeaning others your demeaning yourself not me.

This type of behavior is beneath contempt.

It's ashame that post times aren't shown it would show you up for the pedant you are. Do you really need this? is it making you feel like a big man.

Unless Canada or Mexico were invading our nation (one can currently make a case for the latter), I would not fight. I'm not really cut out to be a soldier.

PriestOfDiscord said:
To be completely blunt, North Korea is a freaking mess. They are armed with WW2 and early cold war surplus weaponry, their population is half starved and doesn't riot only because they don't have the energy to,

I'm not saying we shouldn't help them if Uncle Kim does go crazy, I'm just saying they won't need more than what we already have in the Pacific Theater.

Remember that woman named Boudicca? Or perhaps Spartacus? Or a precursor battle to the one portrayed in the movie "Zulu" (can't think of either name off hand).

I would fail the physical, and possibly the psychiatric, so I would be enlisted only if it were a case of defending the homeland. Which, conveniently, is the only kind of war I would consent to fight in, and like nonconformist I would probably have enlisted already anyhow. I'm a Gladstonian "Little-Canader", so no Boer wars for me.

PriestOfDiscord said:
To be completely blunt, North Korea is a freaking mess. They are armed with WW2 and early cold war surplus weaponry,

Well, there you are wrong. http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/dprk/kpa-equipment.htm Their armor forces are mid-70s, but their artillery forces are fairly up to date, with some platforms developed/procured in the 1990s.

their population is half starved and doesn't riot only because they don't have the energy to, and even their only official Communist ally doesn't want to have anything to do with them.

Another myth. Due to a lot of restructering and agriculteral support even from the military, a lot of their food shortage issues have been solved. Remember, Clinton gave them a lot of food aid based upon the belief they wouldnt advance their nuke weapons capability - they lied and did it anyway, smiling while they took our aid.

The only thing they have going for them is a nuclear arsenal they may or may not even have. As much as it pains me to paraphrase anyone from the Bush Administration, if the DPRK declared war on their brothers in the south, those S. Koreans would be greeted as liberators as soon as they crossed the DMZ.

Actually, they wounldnt have to declare anything...the two countries are still in a defacto state of war from the '50s.

Top Bottom