1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you still play in this situation? Plus deity challenge

Discussion in 'Strategy Section' started by Cokolwiek, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Cokolwiek

Cokolwiek Warlord

Spoiler :

So this is 2-9, deity, with abc bonuses increased to 600, 350, 220 to drastically increase ai performance.
    I am the only one in classical, have lead in tech by one or two, three next turn, and in policies by one.
    I went authority, straight monument, stonehenge, settler, shrine, settler, granary, settler, roman forum.
    Every city is monument into shrine, of course without investing. I only invested in one granary so far but it because I have unusual tons of money for this stage of the game.
    I bought all four workers and am building roads after getting luxes connected.
    I went goddess of festivals and it was amazing for me, beside the fact that I forgot that initially and sell off my first luxury. I am a really bad player, half of my play is rectifying everything I messed up.
    Washington also messed up, his first city in the south, instead of forwarding me is basically a death sentence for him.
    Literally I am in no rush to get cocoa monopoly bonus, which one should always rush, and I will have culture from garrisons in a moment.
    I plan two additional cities in the east, then army expansion.
    I am thinking of hero worship, because council of elders in this situation would be plain cheating, and diligence, do you have other propositions?

Yeah, I was lucky with city states quests that gave me much science themselves for discoveries, I am after my first golden age, and I receive free military due to alliance with military city state.
    I will receive free religion due to one religious friend and one ally.
    On top of that is german ua which is now doubling my science and culture.

The question is with such an accidental lead, was I too lucky? Should I give up and restart? Or what would you do in this situation?
    Such immense early lead shouldn't really be happening on deity. I hope for russia to awake and start settling me from the east. She has two cities right now, probably due to lost pyramids.
    Side question is, is germany too op? I think it is a little too inconsistent providing nothing when isolated and with bad quests but unforgivingly beastly when random quests will play into the hands of the player. Something more moderate and not as random as city states quests would be preferable, do you agree?

I encourage you to test yourself against deity (especially with increased ai bonuses) with some early help from this good start, especially if you aren't usual deity player. I am interested if someone can screw up this immense start. Probably I will, I already frozen the development of my army and I am sure washington will attack in some time.

Save file
    https://easyupload.io/k9vq7g

I am actually also thinking of just testing peaceful authority, and maybe artistry? Would you think it would be valuable? I think I would like to test this out. Straight conquering feels to gamey in this situation, especially since casimir in warsaw already have two wonders and is likely to build more.

2. CrazyG

CrazyG Deity

You should update to the newest version which has changes specifically designed to address this.

3. Cokolwiek

Cokolwiek Warlord

I would love to, and I think changes in the last versions are great. I am just a victim of constant crashes.
    Anyway it is still not settled, and ai will get massive bonuses because I increased their abc. Their basically have five population in secondary cities when going authority by now, five turns after settling it.

4. crdvis16

crdvis16 Emperor

I would play it out. There's always the chance that the AI reads the situation properly and gangs up on you at some point.

5. Cokolwiek

Cokolwiek Warlord

I am counting on that.
    Generally, situation is under control but fragile, fifty turns later I still have the lead, but ais are closing the gap very fast. I was able to grab Forum Romanum, and am finishing Terracota, it would be literally all wonders I would like to have, beside Brandenburg Gate, Neuschwanstein, and Prora of course. I delegated settlers training to Frankfurt.
    I am still maximally vulnerable at this point, Washington and Gustavus are openly hostile, but all depends on to what degree they are willing to act on their grievances.
    As soon as I connct Iron it will be mass swordsmen, then xbows, purchasing and deploying them to Hamburg and Frankfurt borderlands.
    I founded first and went apostolic and cathedrals. I still consider council of elders too op. And my capital desperately need this food.

I am playing Germany with its handpicked historical competitors so I would really like to see some late game constant warfare with Russia, France, vassalized Poland and annexed Austria at some point. I would refrain from vassalizing Washington as long as I could, so I still have the engagement on multiple sides.

Anyway, I many times waited for industrial to catch up or become one of the leaders with authority, so I am glad I heavily increased abc bonuses. It would be too easy without them.

6. crdvis16

crdvis16 Emperor

You should update to the latest version and do a photojournal to show your thinking, decisions, etc. Sposedly there's a version that solved most people's CTD issues. Would be interesting to see your thought processes.

7. Cokolwiek

Cokolwiek Warlord

I technically can, but I don't really think that anyone would be interested beside you.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
  8. Delvemor

Delvemor Chieftain

Very few people post photojournals. You play on Deity, build early wonders and do a lot of wars. I'm pretty sure it would be interesting.

telelavoro and Heinz_Guderian like this.
  9. crdvis16

crdvis16 Emperor

Photojournals tend to get decent reception I think. They often spark a lot of strategy discussion which is fun. I'd probably do more if I had more time to play in general, it's been a while.