1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you take Dido out to dinner?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by salty mud, Jul 6, 2012.

1. aceflamingo23

aceflamingo23 Chieftain

no way i mean Dido aint hood enough. but i would be all over dat mexican chick holmes.
    Moderator Action: Get the damn facts straight.

2. Gliese 581

Gliese 581 Your average civ junkie

I love Dido's voice. :)

3. tf21

tf21 Chieftain

I have wondered what women actually looked like back in the day...on the other hand regular bathing for many races and cultures was a luxury reserved for the only the most well off. IIRC the Romans believed that urine from a certain region was great for brushing your teeth.

There was also a period in history where being "pleasantly plump" was considered sexy. That meant you were well off enough to eat well.

I think burping and farting was considered polite after a feast in Roman times.

Can you imagine Dido ripping one after a feast?

4. thadian

thadian Kami of Awakened Dreamers

I and my GF both feel that civ4 Boudica looks like a tavern wench.

So, dido... Well, im still trying to explain to an RL that it is NOT pronounced "did-oh" but alas, i would have her over for dessert when i was done having boudica for dinner. Wu can watch.

5. Xile

Xile Chieftain

I'd take out Alexandra, she's pretty hot.

6. Gucumatz

Gucumatz JS, secretly Rod Serling

Well what was polite in Rome may not have been polite in Carthage :p.

I would like to meet any of the old Maya kings. Pacal would be interesting to talk to because architecture during his time really changed (and nothing like the Palenque style really happened again) and of all the Maya rulers we know - he is the only one to have decided to have himself buried inside of his greatest pyramid.

I would also probably like to meet Bismarck - the man was simply a genius but in Civ 5 Bismarck doesn't seem like he is good at making friends (unlike in real life where people were confused to how thoroughly they became allied with Prussia and then Germany)

7. tmarcl

tmarcl Prince

You're probably absolutely correct. I imagine that several hundred years from now, Civ XXXXXXXV will show a black face caricature of Barack Obama for America that we here in the 21st century would find absolutely horrendous. On the other hand, that's probably the point. We are several hundred (and in some cases, thousand) years removed from these events and people, and now, we need to make them appealing to gamers now.

I'll be honest, I really don't care what Dido, Isabella, Elizabeth, etc looked like in reality - I'm not playing CiV for that level of reality. I'm playing it for the same reason that I flunked out of college in '93* - I want to rewrite history, with me at the helm. That various leaders have the same traits and behaviors that they had historically is much more important to me than what they looked like in reality.

*Yeah, I flunked out of college the first time around because I spent all day playing Civ I in the computer lab. That was the first time around.

8. smallfish

smallfish Immortal

9. aceflamingo23

aceflamingo23 Chieftain

borg warner! die glock! deutsche borse! IG farben!
    Moderator Action: Please do not troll others.
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

10. Andulias

Andulias A Stranger on a Train

Is this supposed to be German? Because I live in Germany and technically only 2 of those words actually even exist in German, the rest is made-up gibberish :lol:

Hmm, also, Boudicca in 4 looked like a cougar. You know what I'm talking about, not this kind of cougar, this one. I like her a lot more in V, although I admit part of it is because I am just a sucker for Welsh. I love the sound of that language!

11. nefloyd

nefloyd King

Oh yeahhhh. /Rawr

12. afedyuki

afedyuki Chieftain

Duh. Not waving sword while talking, simple and elegant dress and reasonable amount of makeup.

13. floppymoose

floppymoose Warlord

I and your GF agree. :cooool:

14. Circlet the Zen

Circlet the Zen Chieftain

that's all i wanted to say

15. Babri

Babri Emperor

May I suggest u to post this in a similar thread. :)

forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=467970

16. Smokeybear

Smokeybear Emperor

Until she gets twinked off at you for some imagined slight, and pulls the machine-gun spanish invective out on you. Makes you want to slink off and cover your ears or something.

17. Smokeybear

Smokeybear Emperor

Only if I could take a bristle brush to her first. Looks like she spends a lot of time frolicking around in the cow-patties.

18. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

Oh her dress is awesome. Definitely the best dress in the game, even better than Nebuchadnezzar's.

CIV Boudicca looks like a middle-aged woman trying to look like a tavern wench.

I haven't got to meet CiV Boudicca yet, but going on the load screen her proportions seem a bit off. Tiny hands, weirdly long neck. I love her already for speaking Welsh though.

19. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

Moderator Action: Threads merged.

20. apocalypse105

apocalypse105 Deity

Oh hell no I don't like eating elephant