1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you take Dido out to dinner?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by salty mud, Jul 6, 2012.

1. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

Provided I have a Babel Fish planted in my ear . . . I wouldn't mind bedding Boudica. I love redheads and I'm half Irish to boot. Isabella might be cute underneath that hood, but the nun-like habit outfit she wears is a major turn off.

As for hanging out with, I think Kamehameha looks like a pretty laid back dude. I wouldn't want to spend time with Monty and Nebby in the same room unless I had a team of Psychiatrists with me . . . and maybe that Hannibal Lecter facemask getup for both of them.

2. 78stonewobble

78stonewobble Chieftain

For some of us the nun thing works entirely opposite. ;)

However Boudica is kinda cute (red hair is purty). I just wish I understood what she was saying.

3. bcaiko

bcaiko Emperor

I love talking to Dido. Even when she's angry (that finger wag of hers makes me laugh every time).

4. Himmurabi

Himmurabi Chieftain

Are you guys kidding? Boudicca in civ4 brings to mind evil matriarchs like Mom from Futurama and Cruella Deville. I thought she was much improved.

Dido is a cutie patootie.

5. Cicerosaurus

Cicerosaurus Emperor

Take her out for dinner? I'd like to take her out with a right hook for that affected, whiny, little girl voice.

I wouldn't get on the booze with Nebby- he looks too good for me.

6. bryanw1995

bryanw1995 Emperor

Naw, most of them couldn't read American English, anyway.

I'd take her to dinner. And breakfast.

7. Xotite potancev

Xotite potancev Chieftain

Plus she wouldnt eat much

Negative she is now 2368years old and looks like this

8. Himmurabi

Himmurabi Chieftain

Eh, not too bad. Hottest 2000+ year old I've seen.

9. Circlet the Zen

Circlet the Zen Chieftain

open that mouth wide, girl ;)

10. GThreepwood

GThreepwood Chieftain

Is it just me or Dido hates me in every single game ? :confused:
    Isabella and Wu are the best for me :goodjob:
    Don't have exp with Theodora YET.

11. Louis8k8

Louis8k8 Chieftain

Theodora is very easy to get along with diplomatically imo. I love playing as dido (but then I don't see her :( ) but her AI is like Monty in all my games :( "OH HAI, DECLARE WAR".

She may be visually appealing but be careful of that surprise elephant that is going for your rear end.

12. bcaiko

bcaiko Emperor

I had a game early on where Germany really took her to task; I came in and mopped the floor with Bismark's face, and Dido was very friendly toward me for the rest of the game. I loved it every time she'd offer a trade agreement; her speech is so sing-songy. Made me like her a lot for future games, even when she's a horrible, war-like neighbor.

Felt bad when I had to take her out to complete my Domination Victory that game. Hope the nukes made it quick, Dido.

13. northtexan95

northtexan95 Chieftain

When I play I'm always most excited when Catherine is in the game. Next would be Theodora. I guess I like the flirtty girls. They both would seem to enjoy some "personal" diplomacy.

Isabella, Dido, and Wu are all very attractive in somewhat different ways.

I have never seen Boudicca happy with me. It must be my Irish heritage.

Elizabether doesn't do much for me, either.

14. Draknith

Draknith King

Sure, why not. Too bad they don't have her leader screen during the day. I bet you could catch the light just right to see through that silk dress... haha!

15. pagerewrite

pagerewrite Chieftain

dido and theodora.......simultaneously!!!

16. The_Tyrant

The_Tyrant Values Guardian

Dido is ugly compared to Catherine.Theodora looks Indian.

17. Zenstrive

Zenstrive Ocean King

Boudicca is the tsundere that craves your attention, the wild swords women's way.

Catherine is royally polite, playful girl but has her own standards and will pulverize you if you overstep some boundaries.

Dido will play innocent first, attract you with her childish act, fold you into her hands, and then slowly but surely show her obsessive ways that will ruin your mental health.

Elisabeth is the whiny, entitled, snobbish woman who thinks all men are beneath her.

Isabella is the innocent woman that mostly think too much and will ignore you most of the time. But she will take care of you, but because it's part of the job for her. The best looking female leader in CiV. I like the combination of her modest clothing, her sparse makeup, and the expression in her face.

Maria Theresa will play skittish and demure, but surely she just after your money (and your seeds, if you're endowed enough)

Theodora is an independent woman who can think for herself and need you only for entertainment.

Wu Zetian. Do to her as you please, but remember she has double-firing crossbows at her disposal.

Do I miss anyone?

bonus: Hatshepsut is actually a fun girl who wants to play with you, but her sense of duties often got in the way.

18. CaptainKapow

CaptainKapow Immortal

Dido is okay, but I love when Boudicca shows her fiery side and stabs that sword into the wagon.

19. Ribusprissin

Ribusprissin Warlord

Kill one of her spies, that'll put her in her place.
    "That's right Izzy, drop that cross. It's time to embrace the Tao!"

20. smallfish

smallfish Immortal

Dido may backstab and rush you in the early game, but if you manage to hold off her zombie hordes, she can indeed be a good friend later on.

Of course I think that'll go to pot once I DOW again and permanently eliminate some wonderspamming OCC civilization, but hey.