Would you want to know more about Leoreth?

Heh, I unwittingly revealed some SECRET MODERATOR TOOLS.

The second is for infractions, the fourth for IP tracking.

Why is RARE PEPES the phrase you chose to replace the mills that churn water?

No reason really, I wanted something really ridiculous. And it's kind of a popular meme right now.

Harr di harr, you must think you are very funny. Did a... kind of machine commonly found in rivers kill your parents or something?

Watermills... It's some serious stuff.

(So does the word that is spelled w a t e r m i l l s look like RARE PEPES to everyone else? How does this all work? I'm so confused... :lol:)

I'm using a browser extension that does text substitution.

Ah, nice. Tricky, very tricky.

I got the idea from one person who collected news articles and substituted "Snake People" for "Millennials".

Leoreth do you play Europa Universalis 4 or Crusader Kings 2? If you do, what's your favorite faction in EU4?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leoreth what do you think of this funny video?

(longtime lurker who registered to ask you this)!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9te_idIGQA
Welcome to the forum!

That is an oddly ... specific question. I can't really tell how good it is because the recording is so poor, choirs always sounds bad on what appears to be a phone recording. Even then it sounds okay, there are some nice ideas in the arrangement and I like the ambition of trying such a difficult song for a choir.

Leoreth do you play Europa Universalis 4 or Crusader Kings 2? If you do, what's your favorite faction in EU4?
I do/did! I like factions that have a challenging continental game (colonies are boring) but are not too small. I think my favorite faction overall is Novgorod.

Long time no talk, Leoreth!

Wanted to see how the mod was doing and glad to see you're still pumping out updates like a spigot.
I always meant to show and ask you this but it's always slipped my mind one way or another; Have you ever seen Alex Turner dancing?

Link to video.

Also, not gonna lie, the first time I finally felt accomplished learning how to play EU4,
I was enjoying facerolling the Old World, and was working my way into the New World
when all of my hype instantly died when my newly conquered territories turned into Colonies.
That being said, are you excited about the upcoming Paradox space game?

I do/did! I like factions that have a challenging continental game (colonies are boring) but are not too small. I think my favorite faction overall is Novgorod.

Novgorod is an interesting one, I've never gotten a chance to try it. I think my favorite has to be Byzantium or Albania, although it's fun to play England and steamroll everything sometimes.
Personally I like colonial nations because it's usually a more laid back game (unless the colonial nation does something stupid like attack another colonial nation, dragging me to war with like, France).
Do you ever play any non Western/Eastern countries?

Novgorod is great fun, because even after you get over the hump that is Muscovy, you now border Poland-Lithuania, which is one of the strongest tag(s) in the game. Assuming, of course, that Poland doesn't lose it's personal union. Plus, republics are so good.

I'm still not good enough to play the more challenging non-Western tags, but I've played a few games with easier Indian/Chinese tech tags like Delhi or Orissa, Hinduism is such a interesting religion in terms of mechanics. I'd seriously recommend giving it a go if anyone hasn't.

Novgorod is great fun, because even after you get over the hump that is Muscovy, you now border Poland-Lithuania, which is one of the strongest tag(s) in the game. Assuming, of course, that Poland doesn't lose it's personal union. Plus, republics are so good.

I'm still not good enough to play the more challenging non-Western tags, but I've played a few games with easier Indian/Chinese tech tags like Delhi or Orissa, Hinduism is such a interesting religion in terms of mechanics. I'd seriously recommend giving it a go if anyone hasn't.

I've tried Vijayanagara and Japan but I got bored for both. The only game I've completed with a tech level lower than eastern was as the ottomans, and I didn't even need to westernize for them. I'm considering restarting a Vijayanagara game which could be interesting. Btw, has anyone else noticed that ai Muscovy is really weak in 1.13?

Long time no talk, Leoreth!

Wanted to see how the mod was doing and glad to see you're still pumping out updates like a spigot.
Not so much still as again, but yeah! Nice to see you around here too.

I always meant to show and ask you this but it's always slipped my mind one way or another; Have you ever seen Alex Turner dancing?
Holy crap.

Also, not gonna lie, the first time I finally felt accomplished learning how to play EU4,
I was enjoying facerolling the Old World, and was working my way into the New World
when all of my hype instantly died when my newly conquered territories turned into Colonies.
Yeah, I never found the colonial game very interesting because it's all very repetitive (both within and between games) and mechanical. It would probably be more realistic if colonies happened without your doing and start becoming a pain in the ass if you don't start to project your control over them. Colonial states are sort of an attempt to reflect this but they just prompt further micromanaging because of how terrible these colonial wars are.

Also I feel that colonization happens way too quickly, especially when rolling over native factions.

That being said, are you excited about the upcoming Paradox space game?
The what?

(I hate navigating the Paradox website.)

Oh so this looks interesting. All the info on the Steam page is very vague though, I can't really tell what its USP is supposed to be. The visuals also don't look that great. Also is it going to be a 4X? Procedurally generated worlds with established factions as per the usual for Paradox? Lots of open questions right now. Not that I won't welcome a worthy spiritual successor to MoO2.

Spoiler :
This though:
Ship Designer (even civilian ships can be customized)
:(

Novgorod is an interesting one, I've never gotten a chance to try it. I think my favorite has to be Byzantium or Albania, although it's fun to play England and steamroll everything sometimes.
Personally I like colonial nations because it's usually a more laid back game (unless the colonial nation does something stupid like attack another colonial nation, dragging me to war with like, France).
Do you ever play any non Western/Eastern countries?
I did, I think I played Oman, Vijayanagar, and something else I don't remember right now. It's certainly different, especially since there aren't that many factions in Western Europe that actually interest me, considering how much attention Paradox pays to that part of the world.

That was before all those patches came out, so maybe Paradox has brushed them up in the meantime.

Yeah, also Sweden. My PLC trounced Austria as the game went on and took control over all of Central Europe, and my whole game was basically switching alliances between PLC and Sweden while fighting the other.

I think I'm going to do that soon! I had already planned to play EU4 again for some time.

Top Bottom