1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Wow, Diety is Insane!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by AbsoluteZero, Jun 5, 2010.

1. DMOC

DMOC Mathematician

It's really tough to win on deity by an early rush (that is effective on immortal and below). Actually, it's tough to win on deity regardless ....

2. Silu

Silu Deity

Just a note, AIs have the exact same beaker costs on each level, equal to what the human has on Noble. Only the human's costs change.

3. Earthling

Earthling Deity

They do get down to around 50% production costs though, and I think tech scales with mapsize for everyone, though that can work in favor of or against the human.

And while early UUs/certain map settings make early rushes doable, they are generally not, the AI just start off with too much of a lead. Getting an ally to DoW and making the best out of other situations can sometimes help (usually, with early religion).

4. Silu

Silu Deity

Tech costs do also scale with game speed, map size and starting era as well, but as you said all of those are the same for everyone so I'm not really sure how that can work in favor of or against the human. Bigger tech costs on big maps are offset by lower maintenance, enabling more cities; it pretty much balances out in the end.

5. obsolete

obsolete Deity

Ohhh I find, early rushes work all the time. Early CAVALRY rush of course :p