Wow, Finally AI knows how to get tithe

sendos

Immortal
I've just started a new game on immortal, managed to found religion, went to look for tithe, and surprisingly, for the very first time in SP, it was taken by an AI! :eek:

Unbelievable right?

Has anyone else here experienced this?

i've noticed exact same, since w/e the last big update was. totally pisses me off, but i grudgingly enjoy that the fact that it forces me to choose other less popular first choice.

I've just started a new game on immortal, managed to found religion, went to look for tithe, and surprisingly, for the very first time in SP, it was taken by an AI! :eek:

Unbelievable right?

Has anyone else here experienced this?

Have not yet seen it, but if it's true, that's great. Everytime I go to choose a founder belief I'm like : "I want to try something else, but these are not that exciting anyway and Tithe is right there..." If the AI finally caught up on Tithe, I'll have to pick different ones, which should be interesting.

I should probably add proof:

Attachments

• proof that AI got tithe in my game.jpg
    proof that AI got tithe in my game.jpg
    363.7 KB · Views: 230
Just wanted to take a moment to agree with this sentiment wholeheartedly.

Yeah, the 100g is great for a quick influx of cash (esp on Emp and below); but I think Tithe is much, much better. Especially considering Initiation Rights is a one-time deal. (A converted city will never give you more money, while a tithed religion city will pay you regardless of how many times it has flipped/flipped back.)

And to the OP, I have NEVER seen an AI get tithe.

Wow, I have never seen that, and I generally get 5th or 6th religion, and unless your neighbours don't have religions tithe > IR

That's quite unexpected, like when the AI took Pagodas last night for the first time since I've played.

Hmmm. Which Civ founded Islam?

As to the Tithe vs. Initiation Rites debate: I like both, but think Tithe gets somewhat overrated. It takes a long time early-game to make that 1g/4 followers come close to producing a few hundred gold.

That's quite unexpected, like when the AI took Pagodas last night for the first time since I've played.

They take religious buildings vey aggressively now (since the fall patch I think), cathedrals especially, but also Pagodas. On Deity at least, you won't get Pagodas if you're 4th/5th to get a religion, generally.

I played a Immortal game as Random(Pocatello), and Rama picked up Desert Folklore and founded Pilgrimage with Monasteries.

I was like "Hey, das pretty good."

Top Bottom