WOW... Montezuma!

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Bleser, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Bleser

Bleser Prince

Met Montezuma for the first time in my second Civ 5 campaign last night. WOW. This leader art is really out-doing itself with every new civilization I meet. Amazing!! His eyes, skin, and the way the lighting all radiates from the fire in front of him is INCREDIBLE. Well done Firaxis, well done!

P.S. - if you don't have a DX10+ video card and don't have the leader animations cranked all the way up, you're truly missing out.

2. kaltorak

kaltorak Emperor

I like when he speaks and you don't understand anything, but you hear him say Montezuma with evil voice

3. Kimuyama

Kimuyama Prince

Also according to his description in the artbook (haven't played the game yet, long story) it's Montezuma I, not the one that was beaten by the Spaniards :D

4. jjkrause84

jjkrause84 King

Yea...he definitely scares the crap out of me

5. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

I feel like they used one artist for Monte and I for everyone else. Monte is just leagues better looking than the others, I hope the artist is very proud.

6. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

I feel like they used one artist for Monte and I for everyone else. Monte is just leagues better looking than the others, I hope the artist is very proud.

7. Zymergist

Zymergist Chieftain

I probably should play someone besides Monte now..

8. WastedEfforts

WastedEfforts Chieftain

I love it when he makes a gesture with his dagger as if to gut you when you declare war on him.

9. milk steak

milk steak Warlord

Monty is pretty bad-ass, but I love Nebuchadnezzar and the way he throws his goblet down like a boss. :p

10. SirSaab

SirSaab Warlord

I've like Harun al-Rashid's leaderhead since I first saw it. I think his model is excellent, and the location is rendered beautifully.

11. Gnollen

Gnollen Chieftain

The thing I really like about Monte is that he has an audience! Whenever he says something, the people cheer for him in the background (heard, not seen). I think they even cheer for him when he offered me peace once...