1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Wow,That Can't Be Good...part DEUX

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by colusaboy, Apr 3, 2008.

1. PreLynMax

PreLynMax Your Lord and Master

In turn 12, I am greeted by three neighbors, Shaka, Montezuma, and Ragdar. Oh my.

2. Sidney Magal

Sidney Magal Latin Lover

After having refused an unacceptable demand to switch religions by a 30 cities, 2 vassals, Artilleries in, top dog in power,Qin Shi Huang:
    Spoiler :

Next turn he goes WHEOOHRN. That can't be good.

3. Terrance888

Terrance888 Discord Reigns

Shaka with Ghandi, Mansa and Hannibal licking his boots. Not to mention Genghis and Napoleon.

100 stacks appear near by territory same turn as WHEOOHRN...

That can't be good!

4. DroopyTofu

DroopyTofu Double Bass Double Bass

I'll probably kick myself for not knowing this, but what does WHEOOHRN mean? I'm sure it's a phrase the diplo-screen gives you, but I'm blanking out on what it could mean.

5. digitCruncher

digitCruncher Emperor

We have enough on our hands right now.

It is the message that occurs when you hover over asking an AI for a war declaration. If you see it, they are preparing for war... and more often than not you are the target ;)

6. DroopyTofu

DroopyTofu Double Bass Double Bass

Of course. I'm just a little to spoiled to the BUG mod telling me that without me having to check the diplo-screen. Thanks! :D

7. Navarre

Navarre Legio XIII

Spoiler :

That can't be good...

I didn't declare any of these wars! Wang Keon didn't like a demand I made, declared on me, began to have his butt kicked, then Justinian (the powerhouse in this game) joined with his vassals, and then Ragnar, my friendly BFF since 3000 BC who was furious after Justinian joined the war... Against me!

With his little stack...

Spoiler :

That's right... 108 units.

I had a severe tech lead on him (Infantry and tanks versus grenadiers and cavalery) and better production, but it took me forever to take back that city. Still, I did, scoring 5 Great Generals in the fight, and now I'm gonna try to kick his butt before Justinian, who backstabbed him, makes him capitulate and wins the freaking game with a Domination victory.

Better AI indeed....

8. capnvonbaron

capnvonbaron Democratia gladii

"A barbarian uprising is occurring! The Huns seek to yada yada..."

Wow, sucks to be someone. Wait... are those 6 barb horse archers next to Pacal's border? Pacal with the GWall? The same Pacal who occupies the north-south width of the continent?

<barb HAs move toward my totally awesome cottage city garrisoned by an archer and an axe>

... that can't be good

9. kochman

kochman Deity

I use a cataphract raid to bypass NY and take DC rapidly... basically then I walk all over America to become the leading factor on my continent.

Now, time to build infrastructure...

Oh, sorry, Rome declares war on me, and immediately lands their amphibious assualt... of rifleman and artillery!
    Even after several turns they will accept NOTHING for peace...

Retirement followed shortly thereafter.

10. bestrfcplayer

bestrfcplayer Steppin' up!

Sorry for bumping this old thread but, the other day I was playing Civ 4 as Rome. The people on my content are Monty, Genghis, and Tokugawa. After a while, a promptly rage-quitted after the whole content DoW'ed me (I only had 2 cities, with very little armies, and no iron :()

11. The7Sins

The7Sins Hungry Burger

Boudica has declared war on you!
    Genghis Khan has declared war on you!
    Gilgamesh has declared war on you!
    Montezuma has declared war on you!
    Ragnar has declared war on you!
    Shaka has declared war on you!
    Stalin has declared war on you!
    Tokugawa has declared war on you!
    Isabella has declared war on you!
    Julius Caesar has declared war on you!
    Justinian has declared war on you!
    Napoleon has declared war on you!
    Pacal II has declared war on you!
    Saladin has declared war on you!
    Sitting Bull has declared war on you!
    Suryavarman II has declared war on you!

All of this happened in the same turn despite me having the most power by a lot and a substantial tech lead. Thankfully I was the only one with nukes and lots of them.

12. Army of Scouts

Army of Scouts Noble Cheater

Don't worry:D most forums get mad at you for necroposting... but then they get mad at you for creating a new thread of the same topic to talk about it. So, it's lose/lose:rolleyes:

The oops moment for me is when I see Isabella of all people ready her SoD on my border so I tell napoleon to handle her for me. Next turn, a stinkin' world war happens when napoleon and Isabella bribe others into fighting for them and nukes are dropping faster than rain drops on every country. Except me.:cool: oops.

13. achampa1

achampa1 Chieftain

I finally get enough shields towards the Oracle at my capital to whip it at size 7. So I do after handling every other unit due for a move. I then see just an awful, awful, AWFUL message.

"The Oracle has been built in a far away land!"

In other words, I've lost a decent amount of turns of production and three population at my capital for no good reason. That can't be good. :cry:

14. strijder20

strijder20 Wallowing in irony

Where are my nukes again?

Attached Files:

15. GGracchus

GGracchus Tribune of Rome

How do you get those squares in the top right?

16. strijder20

strijder20 Wallowing in irony

No idea, I just saw that picture somewhere on a forum and thought it would be appropriate here.
    Do you have BUG, BULL and BAT?

17. Army of Scouts

Army of Scouts Noble Cheater

How the heck did he get such a large stack? I've never seen 1 so huge! Not even mine get that huge. Hey ,Shaka, you want some conquered cities to go with that army? :crazyeye:

18. King Pluto

King Pluto Emperor

The squares in the corner aren't BUG-enabled, they're a pre-existing option. It's something like Minimize Pop-ups, or one of those similar to it.

19. reddishrecue

reddishrecue Deity

This actually happened to me recently with single player sitting bull. Everyone declared war, from Alexander to Tokugawa.

20. dirtsheep

dirtsheep Chieftain

Okay, I'm a pretty new player, working up in difficulty levels and map size. Currenlty trying out the fractal map. I'm doing Warlord difficulty on Standard world size, and randomizing leaders to get the hang of things.

Two nights ago, I got a very slow start as Saladin. Didn't like my starting location; didn't found a city until turn three. Sent out my warrior to explore while I built a very slow worker...I think it was a 14 turn worker. Cripes. I suppose I was exploring the environs of my city for maybe ten turns with my warrior. During those ten turns, I believe I came across scouts from 4 different civilizations, boom boom boom.

That can't be good.

So I hie back to my capital with my warrior...no good leaving that undefended. Hope to finish that worker and get a scout out there to see the lay of the land. FINALLY the worker is done; he goes to a far corner of the now-fat cross to hook up some corn, and wham...killed by a barbarian. Cancel the scout, start another worker.... Slow start indeed.

By the time I do have a scout out there, I see that the continent is rather small, borders are bulging, and that I'm right in the middle of everyone. That can't be good.

I see Shaka's name a lot on this thread...you won't be surprised, perhaps, to see it arise again here. He declares war, makes quick work of my pitiful warrior and my slightly-less pitiful archer with his Impi Warriors, and that's that.

Last night: same settings. Random leader: Shaka! Life is good :)